Questions about the 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arich

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone here have much experience with the Stihl 361. I plan on picking one up in the morning. I dont have the use for my 066 that I used to. Also, what can I expect to get on Ebay for my 066, I put it on there the other day hoping that I can offset the cost of the 361 a little bit. I mainly want to know how the 361 will stack up as a proffessional saw. It will get 30+ hours per week of use. Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Had it for three years. I don't put thirty hours on it weekly but it doe's get used. It has been trouble-free so far and proven it's worth. I think that you will recieve a lot of positive replies that you will like.
Good choice and good luck.:cheers:

I dont think I have seen a bad response to the MS361. Almost everyone loves that saw. It has been called the best saw ever made. That help?

The 361 is one of the best saws Stihl has ever produced. I tried one out after hearing all the good things I read about it and it is a very nice saw. I would keep your 066 if I was you I used to have some big saws and now I regret selling them off even if they are just for the odd time to knock down a very big tree or to play around bucking wood for a while. The 066/660 is my favorite Stihl saw to run but if you are sure you want to sell it it will bring a pretty penny.

Im strapped for cash. Im in College finishing apprenticeship for Machinist. I plan on picking up a new 660 in the near future or possibly an 066 project saw to do a complete rebuild/portjob on. I could not believe the power I got out of the 260 I ported. It is a very fast saw now and I am liking the way the ported saw runs.

The 361 is a real runner. Smooth and light and it runs and runs and runs. No problems with mine yet. Had it for over a year now, and I run an 18, 20 and 24 (25) inch bar on it. Only issue is with flooding it by using the decomp butting when cold and fully choked. So I avoid that, and use the decomp on fast idle and warm starts.

Overall fun to cut with! Good choice. Big fan club here on AS for the 361.

The 361 is a real runner. Smooth and light and it runs and runs and runs. No problems with mine yet. Had it for over a year now, and I run an 18, 20 and 24 (25) inch bar on it. Only issue is with flooding it by using the decomp butting when cold and fully choked. So I avoid that, and use the decomp on fast idle and warm starts.

Overall fun to cut with! Good choice. Big fan club here on AS for the 361.

+1 on what wind said. Yes it will pull the 25"(w/skip), but not like an 066. I do love my 361.:greenchainsaw:

The MS361 is my favourite saw, and probably will remain so for some time. :rockn: :rockn:

From the reports on AS and other forums, it probably is one of the more reliable saws out there, as well. :)

If the size is right, it is the right saw! :clap: :clap:

Also, what can I expect to get on Ebay for my 066, I put it on there the other day hoping that I can offset the cost of the 361 a little bit.

I recently sold my 066 on Ebay and bought a new MS361. My 066 went for about $575 and was in very good condition. ($500-$600 appears to be market price for good 066's). It's now in Alaska.

My MS361 was right at $600 so it's almost an even swap.

It was tough to sell that 066!!:cry:

W got a 361 about a month ago and just love the saw. My number 1 saw man told me yesterday that it is the best cutting saw he has ever used. He likes it better than our 441.

Anyone here have much experience with the Stihl 361. I plan on picking one up in the morning. I dont have the use for my 066 that I used to. Also, what can I expect to get on Ebay for my 066, I put it on there the other day hoping that I can offset the cost of the 361 a little bit. I mainly want to know how the 361 will stack up as a proffessional saw. It will get 30+ hours per week of use. Any comments would be greatly appreciated
Just used my brand new over the weekend to bring in a large red oak. That was its first work out.

All I can say is, "WOW! Where have you been hiding all these years? A tremendous saw that I will never sell. No chainsaw that that I have ever used in my entire life matches it." :cheers:

Anybody know how or where I can get a 361 Tee Shirt?
StihlMS3614.jpg

Glad to hear all the good good reviews on the ms361 as I ordered one myself today.

Im hoping with a 16"bar it will be like a HOT knife through butter.

:greenchainsaw:

Glad to hear all the good good reviews on the ms361 as I ordered one myself today.

Im hoping with a 16"bar it will be like a HOT knife through butter.

:greenchainsaw:

16"??? They thought I was an oddball going less then 28".

My buddy has a silk screening company and I want to do some shirts that say something to the effect of "I let her have the house, the truck and the dog but I kept my MS 361" would anyone be interested?

Latest posts

Back