questions on making a saw look new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farrell

Weekend Warrior
Reaction score
hello all! the 372 is done and running and i know about the "no pics it didnt happen" but i want it to look pretty before pics. so for the questions:
1) is there any way to restore the top cover to orginal condition or should i just replace it? everything else has been replaced and is bright and shiney.
2) where is the best place to get the decals for the side covers, and can anyone tell me where i can get the xp emossed decal?
3) how can i recover the handle bar and what should i use?
thanks for any input!

If you have a business liscense or Fed ID number jackssmallengines.com gives a 10% discount on parts. This is where I get my Husky decals & parts from. I haven't found an internet site to buy Husky parts from that gives me a better price than jacks. Always looking though. There is a PN for the cyl. cover and chain brake handle PN: 503 6278 71 $35.71 + ship the cyl. cover to the best of my knowledge only comes this way. Complete top cover with HD AF cover PN: 503 6278 08 $65.02 + ship this is PN for 372XPW.

Shep

Last edited:
Tire Gel

First off, try Meguiar's Tire Gel to restore the color on faded plastic. It worked on my 044 and only cost $7. Wigglesworth posted this tip a while back.

Olyeller

thanks for the info guys! one other thing i thought about for my wrap handle was having it sprayed with line-ex, maybe the top cover too i have to research some more. any thoughts? i have not looked into how much it would be.

Latest posts

Back