Quick 346xpNE questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know why the ythink that..325 chain sucks as far as i'm concerned.

because the 346xp with .325 was run against the 5100 dolmar with 3/8 and got its @rse kicked. they must have been hoping the 346 didnt like the 3/8 as the older 346xp's wouldnt pull 3/8 good and they didnt want to see the 5100 get knocked off the pedastal they put it on.

LMAO!

because the 346xp with .325 was run against the 5100 dolmar with 3/8 and got its @rse kicked. they must have been hoping the 346 didnt like the 3/8 as the older 346xp's wouldnt pull 3/8 good and they didnt want to see the 5100 get knocked off the pedastal they put it on.

LMAO!

Again, from a guy who has never used a 5100:cheers:

the 5100 is a great saw.

guy i work with has one.he's the one that bought my 7900.it is a ripper.i like huskys no doubt but i say if price is a factor and you have a local Dolmar dealer worth a damn,i'd go with the 5100.i like the air filter on the 346 better and it feels smoother than the 5100 but not that much smoother.for the money,you CANNOT beat the 5100.

LMAO!

Sure it did..........

guy i work with has one.he's the one that bought my 7900.it is a ripper.i like huskys no doubt but i say if price is a factor and you have a local Dolmar dealer worth a damn,i'd go with the 5100.i like the air filter on the 346 better and it feels smoother than the 5100 but not that much smoother.for the money,you CANNOT beat the 5100.

The NE346xp also beats the 5100S by a tad on weight, beeing more responsive to the throttle, and by handling better for limbing and such (feels more compact). Some of that is at the cost of an outboard clutch.

They sure are different, so your priorities should decide.

Spike, that seems like a good price on that saw. I dont know too many stihl dealers that would knock 50 bucks off a 260.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawTroll
I don't feel sorry for you, saws are dirt cheap in the US anyway!!!!

I agree, but read the quote in your sig again!!! :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I'll remember that when the boys cry about the Stihl's costing more than the Huskys by 50 to 100 bucks.......:cheers: :cheers:

Good point.....

if you got 50 to 100 more saw there would be nothing to cry about, aye?

you are a man of honor Woodie, well maybe not but thanks for the rep!

:cheers:

Ultra, I want you to know I tried, I REALLY tried not to rep him for that...but in good conscience I just had to...I just had to.

Woodie you would rep anybody that has Husky/Jred saws....LOL.....No wonder you give me + rep.......I have plenty of all brands.....:) :)

Now if I can only justify the high price on a 2153....Not yet...

Last edited:
dozerdan

Something went wrong with the link when you posted it.
I fixed it in the quote above.....

Dozerdan once was a very popular saw modder on the AS, but it came to an end.......

Yes, DozerDan built saws that run that fast, I own a few and they are holding their speed well with age.

Latest posts

Back