Quick chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenlantern412

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a Husky 359 with a 20" bar and chain. I recently bought from Craig's list a like new Echo cs-670 the price was right. It has a 24" bar and chain. I was looking to switch it to a 20" bar because I already have 5-6 chains for the 20" Husky. Are the two chains compatible? Any reason not to drop the Echo to a 20" bar? I just use them for cutting trees down for food plots and stuff. Nothing commercial. Thanks

I have a Husky 359 with a 20" bar and chain. I recently bought from Craig's list a like new Echo cs-670 the price was right. It has a 24" bar and chain. I was looking to switch it to a 20" bar because I already have 5-6 chains for the 20" Husky. Are the two chains compatible? Any reason not to drop the Echo to a 20" bar? I just use them for cutting trees down for food plots and stuff. Nothing commercial. Thanks

A 20" bar is perfect for a stock cs-670. I have a GB bar that is 3/8's pitch, .050 gauge, and 72 links. Your chains will work if they match up to the bar you put on there. You got a good, solid saw in that Echo. Don't listen if anyone tells you otherwise. They do take to mods quite well.

check / measure the width of your husky chains, it might be .058, if it is, you might have a hard time finding a .058 bar for the echo, not sure, I've never tried.

Latest posts

Back