Ramblings on a rainy PNW day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody seen my sun glasses? :)

Hope you find them. You'd need them up here for the sucker holes.:greenchainsaw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoFxOV47Zfg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoFxOV47Zfg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Anybody seen my sun glasses? :)

I'll trade 'ya a can of Oregon rain for a can of California sunshine. I'll even throw in a note telling you where your sunglasses are.:greenchainsaw:

Mr. HE:cool:

I'll trade 'ya a can of Oregon rain for a can of California sunshine. I'll even throw in a note telling you where your sunglasses are.:greenchainsaw:

Fair enough. When it's 120 down here later on I'll be glad to take you up on that deal. In the middle of summer when you work up a sweat just walking out to the truck at 2 in the morning you know it's going to be a great day.

And I don't really need a note for my sun glasses. I have several pair. Somewhere. ;)

I'm trying to be an optimist. The ponds behind the dams will fill up better so maybe we won't have to turn off all the lights so those people who have so many pairs of sunglasses can keep cool this summer without killing all our salmon.:hmm3grin2orange:

Unfortunately, I didn't go to the woods yesterday. It looked like if you didn't slide off the road, you might have a chance of getting clobbered by something blowing over or blowing out. Or maybe slide off the road and get clobbered.

I will try to get out today. The deck is white this morning and it isn't frost. I have one pair of sunglasses and I know where they are!:laugh:

Didn't do anything yesterday - sustained mid 30 mph gusting to 50 all day. Today? Some better but wind still in mid 20s, gusts not too bad. Did get the rest of my load off the PU but not split, sharped a couple chains and did saw prep to go out tomorrow (knock wood) supposed to be "nice" per the noon news.

Harry K

Really nice here today, sunny (where'er my sunglasses?) scattered clouds and almost 60°F. I've been working outdoors fixing machines and loving every minute of it.

Yesterday was only 39F and windy.

It was 11F this morning. How many days until Christmas?

:dizzy:

I wonder if Santa has started his first of the two checks of the naughty and nice list?:confused:

Hope you get a day or two of sunshine before next Christmas.:cheers:

This is a boring thread. I shall try to juice it up.

It was a dark and stormy morning. I made the decision to drive the chevy anyway and left the Subaru at home. Eeeeek, there was slush on the road, shoulda used the Subie. I putted on into work, meanwhile white hell was unleashed and the snow continued and began to turn the badly kept lawns white. Thoughts of the Donner Party went through my head.

I changed clothes and personalities and switched to the other Chevy. The White Death had turned to light drizzle in our mossy little community. How far would I make it? Would the logger have plowed?

At the third switchback above the campground, the white death reappeared I kept on, still in two wheel drive, thumping over the occasional covered up tree branch. Soon it was time to put er in four wheel drive, and I did so.

There were signs of death cookies along the shoulder. Someone had plowed yesterday, but plowed badly. A couple more miles and the Chevy came to a halt. The gate was closed. I looked for tracks, there were none. The Chevy was dragging and hard to turn around, but I made it. The thought of having to eat the MREs (vegetarian) inspired me to stay free of the deep snow and I returned to the lower elevation.

Later: The Scary Bright Orb Appears or Where Did I Put The &%$& Sunglasses and Will The Used Dog Get Too Hot Waiting In The Pickup.:)

(He got his stitches out today but one was hard to get out and made a hole so he has a punkish gothic looking staple in his nose.)

Good job! It's raining here today. I'll send the sunshine along as soon as I can bottle some up.

Now, where the hell is my rain coat?

Good job! It's raining here today. I'll send the sunshine along as soon as I can bottle some up.

Now, where the hell is my rain coat?

Wow, USPS usually isn't that fast. LOL

I should have used a bigger container because we are still getting showers here; maybe it will go away when you send the sun!

I put the location of your raincoat on the back of the note about the sunglasses. I hope the ink lasted, you never know when you put a note in a bottle full of water.:laugh:

I gots to go shopping at Costco now. Have to stock up on TP and baby diapers.

Also cheese, can't live without that Tillamook Sharp Chedder.:drool:

due for a bump.

it's like the springs of 'yore here. as a kid we would always sit in the classroom, three days of school left or the like. dumping rain and no summer in sight. that's what we've got now. green as all get out, but no summer 'til July 5 anyways.

And my friend is coming down from Fairbanks, AK where it has been 75F to 80F, to this icky stuff.

Oh well, it'll be perfect for Cougar (Terwilliger) Hot Springs. :)

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back