Ray's NIB McCulloch 35A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My brother Ray (Ramnod) found a NIB McCulloch 35A from an old McCulloch dealer. They literally had to remove the staples to open the box as it had never been opened. You can see on the box a little water damage, water got the manual in the box just a touch as well.

These saws came without a bar so he brought it up today to see what we could find in my collection. I had relatively nice 16" bar from one of my older 35's and we were able to make up a new loop of 1/2" chain to go with it. Only problem was the slot in the bar was for 5/16" studs and his 35A has 3/8" studs. Ray is quite a machinist and has access to lots of nice equipment so that won't be a problem for him.

We put another bar and chain on it for a couple of photo's. He didn't want to open the package with the spike kit so we found one on another saw he can use on the saw for looking at.

attachment.php

Ray with his new McCulloch 35A

attachment.php

The saw and the box, notice the slight water damage to the box

attachment.php

A view of the other side-the 16" bar at the bottom of the photo went home with the saw

attachment.php

The (blank) warranty card was in the manual but I don't suppose that will do any good now!

Happy New Year!

Mark

WOW! Nice score! I wonder how old it is and what it sold for back in the day?

What an amazing find. Is he planning to preserve it in mint unused condition?

Thank you for posting the photos. I recently dug an old 35 out of my shed, and your photos have helped with some of the details.

Will in Nor Cal

Congrats!!!

Thank you for the pics....That was a nice find,,and rare,,,especially in the box..:clap:

Wow Mark, great find and an absolute beauty :jawdrop:

Hard to imagine that such a saw is kept NIB for more than 50 years...I bet it's gonna be the pride of your collection..:clap:

That is the way I am with my NOS Sachs Dolmars! I have my eye on some NOS Pioneers! wished I could find some mac's though How cool if that would have been a BP1!!!!!! Pretty cool anyhow I am jealous!!:) :)

Mark,

That is one FINE find. I keep my eye on a new Super Wiz 66 all the time. SOMEDAY SOMEDAY

Bill

Back