Red Oak Anyone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics - that pile is starting to grow!

I got bored and went out this morning for a small load of birch, but didn't end up with any pics. It sure was good to get out there and run my 801 tho!

Looking forward to seeing how big that pile gets when you are done. :D

:cheers:

SS--i was serious-----if you can find a place--yard and garden,tsc,orceilens,blains,farm fleet, any of those should have atv or garden tractor ramps. they are aluminum, light, and you cant believe how big a piece you can ROLL up those ramps. i use a pair of 2x8's, with a bent plate bolted onto the end of the board, that sets on the tailgate. ive rolled 36 dia by 24 inch long oak up them. and it aint hard--would save you a ton of work--and could get the wood out much faster--

Nice pics - that pile is starting to grow!

I got bored and went out this morning for a small load of birch, but didn't end up with any pics. It sure was good to get out there and run my 801 tho!

Looking forward to seeing how big that pile gets when you are done. :D

Glad ya got to get out and do some cuttin, Probably gonna start splittin and stackin that before i get any more. Gonna have to get pics of the splitter in action. Wish i had a video.

SS--i was serious-----if you can find a place--yard and garden,tsc,orceilens,blains,farm fleet, any of those should have atv or garden tractor ramps. they are aluminum, light, and you cant believe how big a piece you can ROLL up those ramps. i use a pair of 2x8's, with a bent plate bolted onto the end of the board, that sets on the tailgate. ive rolled 36 dia by 24 inch long oak up them. and it aint hard--would save you a ton of work--and could get the wood out much faster--
I've got a four wheeler ramp, But they have to be cut down for me to lift them up to put on the log splitter. My splitter will split vertical but it hurts my back more to try and position them on it that to pick smaller pieces up to put on the splitting rail. If i could get the trailer back in there i would roll them up on it and noodle at home

Thats some pretty wood. I cut some Post Oak up for a guy today, but it don't look like that.
Thanks, i really hate too see all them big oaks blowed over at one time. I haven't even got to the big ones yet.

Glad ya got to get out and do some cuttin, Probably gonna start splittin and stackin that before i get any more. Gonna have to get pics of the splitter in action. Wish i had a video.

I've got a four wheeler ramp, But they have to be cut down for me to lift them up to put on the log splitter. My splitter will split vertical but it hurts my back more to try and position them on it that to pick smaller pieces up to put on the splitting rail. If i could get the trailer back in there i would roll them up on it and noodle at home

Thanks, i really hate too see all them big oaks blowed over at one time. I haven't even got to the big ones yet.

Good work SS it is killing me to see ya work so hard the tw 6 would have handled those whole friend:cheers:

Put in a long day on the splitter, Got all of it split and most of it stacked. Run five gallons of gas through the splitter in nine hours.

first tankfull

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some of it was narly.

attachment.php

A railroad spike took the notch out of my wedge a while back. Still works though.

attachment.php

Yours truly

attachment.php

Those are some nice pics. :bowdown:

You did a lot of work today. All I did that was firewood-related is cut and split my little load of birch. That's okay tho - at least I got to do something with a chainsaw!

Keep those pics coming!

I didn't get a pic of every tankfull, But it was several. It's been a heck of a weekend as far as the wood goes. I'm kinda tired of lookin at a woodpile for a couple of days.lol The husky splitter worked like a charm.

Bet you're gonna sleep like a little baby tonight! :cheers:

Hit the vitamin C real hard, as in, 5 or 10 grams. It does wonders for sore muscles. Best if you take it before you start the workout, but still does a great job if you take it after.

That's some good looking wood you got there! :cheers:

Too bad I can't say the same for the guy behind the splitter.

:hmm3grin2orange:

;)

Hit the vitamin C real hard, as in, 5 or 10 grams. It does wonders for sore muscles. Best if you take it before you start the workout, but still does a great job if you take it after.

That's some good looking wood you got there! :cheers:

Too bad I can't say the same for the guy behind the splitter.

:hmm3grin2orange:

;)
That is one ugly rascal, I will agree.lol Don't have any vitamin c or i'd try it.

SS are you happy with that Huskee? My Monster Maul is working me over this year and I'm starting to look a little more seriously at hydraulics. I've seen that one but can't remember if it was at Rural King or TSC. Heck it might have both.

SS are you happy with that Huskee? My Monster Maul is working me over this year and I'm starting to look a little more seriously at hydraulics. I've seen that one but can't remember if it was at Rural King or TSC. Heck it might have both.
It's a speeco model at tsc. i love it. i split wood for many years with a monster maul. Hurt my wrist one year and couldn't use it so i bought the huskee. Never looked back. They will spoil ya if you start using one. You can bust some huge rounds without beating on them all day with a wedge and mallet. We split six truckloadfs of oak in nine hours, it would have took me a long time with the maul.

it's a done deal, all of it is stacked and split. The first two rows in the first pic are going to be burnt this year. That's the reason i couldn't put anything infront of it. It only goes to where i stopped with the new. The lean too is twenty feet long.After i burn that little bit i can ease back over and cut some more to fill the thing up. Going to buy a new stove here shortly Probably won't use as much wood.

attachment.php

The other side. About eight feet tall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This pile is left over from last year, It is all oak and the rows are seven feet high and thirty feet long.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So is that all of the wood cut, split, and stacked? Or is it just all of the wood that you have cut up so far?

I thought this thread would last a bit longer and have more pics. :D

Good job on the work that you have done. That oak looks mighty good stacked and waiting for winter!

So is that all of the wood cut, split, and stacked? Or is it just all of the wood that you have cut up so far?

I thought this thread would last a bit longer and have more pics. :D

Good job on the work that you have done. That oak looks mighty good stacked and waiting for winter!

That's just the wood i have cut so far. there is a whole lot more blowed down. probably ten more trees down, two of them are sweetgum though. Three will be easy to get at and the rest is gonna be tough. They are kinda in some bottoms and might be next summer before they can get cut. Probably am through for a little while. need to burn that little bit before i can stack any more wood up. Guess i could go cut it and let it sit untill it's burnt up.

Back