regional AS get-togethers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Location wise NY would be best, though if we do get the numbers up we may need an area commercially located near hotels and such if we want sponsors to get involved. Not sure how interested they would be but I think it would be cool to get companies out there. I am sure we could get Salsco chippers and Vermeir in this area maybe some of the rope companies but. But then again if we want to keep amongst us then NY idea is still the best.

Location wise NY would be best, though if we do get the numbers up we may need an area commercially located near hotels and such if we want sponsors to get involved. Not sure how interested they would be but I think it would be cool to get companies out there. I am sure we could get Salsco chippers and Vermeir in this area maybe some of the rope companies but. But then again if we want to keep amongst us then NY idea is still the best.

There are plenty of hotels near here if that's what you're after. Like I said before Buckingham manufactures all their #### a block from my house and I know some of the guys at their retail outfit pretty well so that's at least one vendor we'd have. I don't have mucho time to invest in the organizational aspect of this but I am willing to open up the property for equipment testing purposes. If you guys want to try to get heavy equipment vendors involved there's plenty of brush to chip, logs to skid, buck and mill as well as trails to make on the land. 20 guys with equipment could really make my property shine in a few days, lol. I would hesitate to bring in the big equipment guys though unless people are REALLY serious about making those kinds of purchases. Getting the local shop to come out with some different pieces of climbing gear that we could try would easily be worth their time. A couple hundred dollars worth of sales for the day would make them happy, but asking Vermeer to come down with their latest 50K piece of machinery for us to beat on for a few hours might no be the best idea, ya know?

I know I'm in MI, however, I'd be up for traveling. It only takes about 11-12 hrs to get to Hartford, CT from my house. Sounds like there could be a lot of education there. Of course, if you guys want to keep it strictly professionals with years of experience, I'm OK with that too.

Sounds like a great time either way!

Jeff

I know I'm in MI, however, I'd be up for traveling. It only takes about 11-12 hrs to get to Hartford, CT from my house. Sounds like there could be a lot of education there. Of course, if you guys want to keep it strictly professionals with years of experience, I'm OK with that too.

Sounds like a great time either way!

Jeff

INHO it should be open to anyone from the site with interest and involvement in Climbing or Tree Care Industry its all about meeting people having fun and sharing knowledge and if your only receiving knowledge that should be as welcome as giving.

INHO it should be open to anyone from the site with interest and involvement in Climbing or Tree Care Industry its all about meeting people having fun and sharing knowledge and if your only receiving knowledge that should be as welcome as giving.

INHO, I'm slow with internet lingo. Sorry, lol.

I'm game for all of the above. I'm a firm believer in everyone has something to share, I've got a while to come up with something. ;)

God Bless

INHO, I'm slow with internet lingo. Sorry, lol.

I'm game for all of the above. I'm a firm believer in everyone has something to share, I've got a while to come up with something. ;)

God Bless

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

i suggested a climbers get together b4 my moms boyfriend had 10 acres i have free roam of and lots of big trees to climb.

as for the map i live in 15014 and the property i could host a gtg at is 40°39'30.87"N 79°40'22.37"W for your google earth

Last edited:
I'm gonna get a google map started, and we can just add pins. Any complaints?

86 that. It says I have to create a google acct. Blah, blah, blah. Sounds like a lot of work on the user part. Then everyone would have to sign in. Grrr...Anyone know how to faster, lemme know, I can set it up< just don't know how.

Blessings and peace.

Jeff

i suggested a climbers get together b4 my moms boyfriend had 10 acres i have free roam of and lots of big trees to climb.

as for the map i live in 15014 and the property i could host a gtg at is 40°39'30.87"N 79°40'22.37"W for your google earth

Looks like some proper trees there ... good looking site ... plenty of parking ... 'bout 3 hrs from me.

Last edited:
Looks like some proper trees there ... good looking site ... plenty of parking ... 'bout 3 hrs from me.

o yea it would work over there plenty of parking camping spots, bars and food close also, plenty of trees big lil close far lots of goodness over there.

If anyone wants to know you can download a free version of google earth, just google it,

you may not need an Arborist..............

I am pretty sure I can get a great spot at one of our parks but that would mean everyone had to travel to Ct.. Its easy access right off the highway secluded and safe, located near everything, hotels, restaurants and strip joints. Tons of great trees for climbing could probably do some dead wooding or pruning for fun, of course we would have to have a state licensed arborist on hand. We may run in to some issues with the city guys in union problems but I dont think they have a gripe if its getting done free of charge in these trying financial times. Would be great if we could get some venders to get involved, which I dont think would be a problem if we got the attendance numbers up to a decent level.

if you can get it on private property and you're not getting paid.

Throwing my hat in the ring

Hey, I live in Eastern PA, which I know would be far for some and close for others, but I live on 96 acre non-profit, youth camp. There are plenty of trees to tackle, and we could use the help. I can make sure the camp is booked for a GTG so that there would not be any kids around (liability). I have plenty of parking, the amenities are already there, as long as outhouses aren't a problem (they're like port-a-potties made out of wood and cement and not at all 'port-a'). I have about five tent sites and two cabins. I think we should do this in the spring and make it an Arbor Day type event.

Also, I'm in between Allentown and Reading (about 20 minutes to either) so accomodations are there, as well.

Back