Reliability: Husky vs. Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to my local Husky and Stihl dealer:

"Unless you are dealing with specialty saws, there is no difference between the two." Coming from a guy who has been in it for 30+ years and deals with both, Ill believe him.

According to my local Husky and Stihl dealer:

"Unless you are dealing with specialty saws, there is no difference between the two." Coming from a guy who has been in it for 30+ years and deals with both, Ill believe him.

Hmmm... sells both.. what would he say? ;)

Hmmm... sells both.. what would he say? ;)

I called him up and asked him while I was reading this thread and those were his exact words. I don't know what he meant by "speciality saws" and he didn't say which one was better in that division but he did say that apples to apples there was no difference. But I think that you tube video I posted shows he was wrong :greenchainsaw: lol

I'd be careful with that video--it upsets Stihl fans. :cheers:

Why would that upset Stihl fans?

Watching idiots try to cook*(1 a cylinder is upsetting?

So the Stihl make more power*(2 then the husky, no big deal there, we see that all the time!

What ever did it prove?

I never seen a Husky make wood-chips at the rate they were using in there test. And never had an issue keeping my Stihl filters clean.

You do need some trigger time.

*(1 Plugging the cylinder fins of any saw that is worth pulling the trigger, will kill the cylinder/piston from heat.

*(2 Air in, power out, that Stihl did show it was using air.

Why would that upset Stihl fans?

Watching idiots try to cook*(1 a cylinder is upsetting?

So the Stihl make more power*(2 then the husky, no big deal there, we see that all the time!

What ever did it prove?

I never seen a Husky make wood-chips at the rate they were using in there test. And never had an issue keeping my Stihl filters clean.

You do need some trigger time.

*(1 Plugging the cylinder fins of any saw that is worth pulling the trigger, will kill the cylinder/piston from heat.

*(2 Air in, power out, that Stihl did show it was using air.
See, this is what I was talking about FSTS. :cheers:

Back