Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got as far as I intend on the Pro Bow. The 7/16 from a 754G works just fine on this thing, no more chain throwing. I painted the bow blue (Farmall implement) but it didn't turn out like I expected. To be sure, the bow had light blue paint on both sides of the bar mount and under the guard so it was painted at one point. Rather than look at rust, I grabbed the rattle can. Oh well, its just paint.

Chris B.

The spur gear and drive shaft for Carl:

Been way too long..................

Hi all,
Figured it would be appropriate that my first post back should be in this thread:msp_biggrin:
Sorry for the long absence, but sold my house and bought a small acreage. Been busy cleaning up and finnishing off the inside of my new 1500sq/st shop/garage:rock: Spent most of last winter building work benches and getting stuff squared away, still not all done. In the mean time my wife and I have planted 396 tress and scrubs on the property(the majority from root stock). That has taken a majority of my time. I think of them as future chainsaw test projects...haha.
Well I'm glad to see some familiar names on here, and a ton of new ones. Look forward to posting a bit in the near future as I still have a few saw projects on the go, seeing as they are unpacked now. Figured to get back in you good graces I should at least post a good old fashioned Remington vid...........

[video=youtube;5r-IQeQfMlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-IQeQfMlQ[/video]

Man you forget how earsplitting those old gals are:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah............but ain't they FUN!!!

Glad to be back. Been lurking here for a bit, seems you old mag thread is a real hit. Congrats. Was digging to see if I had a muffler for you John Deer 18. No luck yet. I'll let you know if I find one.
I'll post in the mag thread, but I'm looking for a muffler and model tag for a GL-7, Also a piston. That teardown is a ways off yet.

Drew

I neglected to include a Bantam type.

Left to right, top to bottom: SL-10A, Pro 88, SL-16A, PL-7A, Yardmaster (Wards), PL-4 (repaint), SL-55A (Wards), SL-4A (repaint), SL-11A (Wards).

attachment.php

IMG_0238 (Copy).JPG

Sweet find of that Pro-88 and SL-7A. I am digging out the parts for my PL-7. Had started to strip and sandblast the fuel tank and air box. Really can't wait till I get that beast back together. Have you ever seen a replacement primerbulb for that series. I assume that the SL-7 uses it too. I have two. They might work, but they are both REAL soft. Looks like they had stale fuel in them for a real long time.

Drew

Just looking at it, this bulb is going to be a PITA to find. I'm sure the ones I have will work(for now), but you just know they will fail at the most unexpected time:taped:

Pl-55

Well I thought I'd add to the video pile.......Here is one of my favorite saws to run. PL-55 with a remy 24" pulling 3\8RS chain. As I stated before, picked this saw up as a none runner from the scrap pile at the back of a saw shop. Turned out, the fuel system and rewind just needed some attention. I've cut up a fair amount of wood with this set up and just love running it. I keep promising myself that I'll get around to restoring it..........but, you know how that goes. It's a shame that the one side of the bar is real rough. It's getting better with each cut. Makes a good work bar.

[video=youtube;xqzQ1Z88G48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzQ1Z88G48[/video]

Mine is a PL-7A with the primer bulb. Shoots fuel into the intake at the edge of the carb. insulator. It has a 'Y' fitting in the circuit that is likely some kind of check valve.

attachment.php

PL-7 008 (Copy).JPG

Rather than stress the bulb, I've been starting him with a shot of mix from the dropper. Then replace the air filter and cover after he warms up. He needs his lines replaced.

Attachments

• PL-7 007 (Copy).JPG
    PL-7 007 (Copy).JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 37
Carl,

That's the one. I'm sure mine will work, they're just getting soft. How does your pull in wood??? I've never had mine running. Got two parts saws and will make 1 runner.

Latest posts

Back