Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! You outbid me by a nickle. Hope you get it.

Actually I just bookmarked it with the minimum bid.

I have a Wards 4.0/SL-11 from Cobey and a SL-11 from Mark to combine into a proper restoration.

Carl, that SL-11 will probably go for more than my piddly bid. If you're wanting it you don't have to worry about me driving up the price.

Recently I've seen several saws on my feePay watch list either get pulled well before the end date, or undergo a revision with a higher opening bid. My new plan is to place a small a bid (most likely not a winning bid) before the seller can see that the auction isn't going as well as they had hoped, provided the initial opening bid fits my limited budget. That's not exactly fair to inexperienced sellers, but IMO they should do their homework before listing items on feePay.

Carl, that SL-11 will probably go for more than my piddly bid. If you're wanting it you don't have to worry about me driving up the price.

Recently I've seen several saws on my feePay watch list either get pulled well before the end date, or undergo a revision with a higher opening bid. My new plan is to place a small a bid (most likely not a winning bid) before the seller can see that the auction isn't going as well as they had hoped, provided the initial opening bid fits my limited budget. That's not exactly fair to inexperienced sellers, but IMO they should do their homework before listing items on feePay.

Exactly! Most of the time I just make the min. bid instead of putting it on my watch list.

Chainsawlady had one PL-5 piston/cylinder kit left on the shelf. Cylinder has been bored to 1.9375 and replated. Supplied with oversize piston, rings, pin and pin locks. My search for a good PL-5 piston is over.

You deserve it, Carl :clap:. IIRC you've been looking for quite a while.

Now you just need to find me a dirt cheap Super 990 :laugh:.

been looking at an pl-4 and wondering what a fair price would be. p&c look good through the exhaust port, has spark, compression feels decent, looks fairly good and complete, has been converted to 3/8. they're wanting $50

Last edited:
been looking at an pl-4 and wondering what a fair price would be. p&c look good through the exhaust port, has spark, compression feels decent, looks fairly good and complete, has been converted to 3/8. they're wanting $50
As Remington go 50 USD has to be a very good one.

FWIW: The piston/pin/rings for a Homie SXL will interchange with an SL/PL-4.

Finding someone who is interested in buying an old Remington is a real chore. I finally sold one last month. But, It was one I completely overhauled including new rings and a paint job.

Not an easy sale like a Homelite XL-12 or Mac 10-10.

I would think 50 USD would be fair but I would see to it that it operated properly and cut well.

Hey Remmys, saw a lighted sign today locally, if anybody is interested I can grab it up. all seems to work light up and tell time, the tag said $160.00. If it said Stihl it would be living in my garage already :)
I may be able to dicker with them, no idea as I don't know them, but willing to try if any body needs this sign.
Dave
IMG_3426_zps1377fbe0.jpg

Hey Remmys, saw a lighted sign today locally, if anybody is interested I can grab it up. all seems to work light up and tell time, the tag said $160.00. If it said Stihl it would be living in my garage already :)
I may be able to dicker with them, no idea as I don't know them, but willing to try if any body needs this sign.
Dave
IMG_3426_zps1377fbe0.jpg

That sign looks in great shape. Too bad it's too far away. It would go great with my lighted Stihl sign.

Happy New year Guys.

Just thought I'd inquire here about where is a good place to get new rings for a 754. All the bantam series look to be 52mm(2.06"), tho acres lists the 754 @ 52.3mm(2.06). Is there a difference or did someone just carry the extra decimal place? I'm rebuilding a 754 Gear Drive. The original rings were still good, but with a total rebuild, I don't want to not put new rings in. This saw will not see a ton of run time, but don't want to skimp on it either.
Thoughts...????

Latest posts

Back