Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mall Model 7

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Apperently the wheels on the helper handle in the first picture where so the previous owner could move it around in his shop. I got it at a auction in Oronco, MN about a year ago and have not made any attempts to start it. Seems like it has good compression when turning the flywheel over by hand. Has a loop of Mall sratcher chain on it that looks like it's hardly ever been used. When ever it is I get around to tinkering with this one, I want to get it right the first time.

I have a couple of Remington saws with interesting histories. Both are in John Deere colors, and date from Deere's first foray into OMP (Outside Manufactured Products) in the late '60s or early '70s.

The 19"er was originally Remington orange, repainted to Deere green and yellow. It was the model for the brochures and advertising, and the decals (now long gone) were made from photographic negatives. Somewhere, I think I have a copy of that brochure.

Dad worked for Deere for 42 years, from the mail room up to Product safety Manager. When Deere offered the saw up for employee purchase and review, Dad snatched it up.

At the worn spots, you can see the orange paint under the green.

The 23"er brackets the other end of the that OMP era. It was on the display floor at the Admin Building (aka The Rusty Palace) in Moline, along with lots of other current and historic Deere equipment.

When they exited that OMP side of the business, Dad bought that saw as well.

He put many, many hours on those saws, and they still reside in my Machine Shed. They still run, and smoke like a mosquito fogger.

I have a couple of Remington saws with interesting histories. Both are in John Deere colors, and date from Deere's first foray into OMP (Outside Manufactured Products) in the late '60s or early '70s.

The 19"er was originally Remington orange, repainted to Deere green and yellow. It was the model for the brochures and advertising, and the decals (now long gone) were made from photographic negatives. Somewhere, I think I have a copy of that brochure.

Dad worked for Deere for 42 years, from the mail room up to Product safety Manager. When Deere offered the saw up for employee purchase and review, Dad snatched it up.

At the worn spots, you can see the orange paint under the green.

The 23"er brackets the other end of the that OMP era. It was on the display floor at the Admin Building (aka The Rusty Palace) in Moline, along with lots of other current and historic Deere equipment.

When they exited that OMP side of the business, Dad bought that saw as well.

He put many, many hours on those saws, and they still reside in my Machine Shed. They still run, and smoke like a mosquito fogger.

Nice stories, nice saws. John Deere had the good sense to use Remington saws for their OMP. What's a little smoke, to own a nice piece of history?

Logmaster photos

OK; it's mighty quite in here. All you Logmaster owners, belly up to the buzzsaw and post some pics. How about some Golden and Silver Logmasters? That ought to liven things up a bit! I'll be posting some "before" photos of my GL7, which is headed for restoration, just as soon as I can get this cantankerous camera to work.

It appears I've come up with a recoil/oiler assembly for a bantam bantam special, 65 or 75. Read the post here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/173592.htm

If someone needs it, it's theirs for the cost of shipping.

Figured I'd post it here for the Rem guys incase the original thread goes off page.

No one looking for one of these? If not, it'll go in the "round toit" pile, and some cold winter day I'll try to get everything unsiezed and put it up on Feebay.

Nice roller-nose bar on that bad boy too! I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks!

I'm working on maybe grabbing one, but the lady is the worst kind of negotiator: Doesn't know what she really has and doesn't know what she's saying, yet wants a fortune for it. :msp_sad:

I have not yet given up on it yet, though.

Well...this one is rock solid. A real cherry. If you're looking for one you can use or collect, PM me. Yep, you can feel it in your teeth when it's running. Really loud. It means business. Trees shake when they hear me fire it up...LOL.:msp_w00t:

Remington SL-4A?

Tore into the Wards Light Weight 3.6ci (Remington SL-4A Model Profile: SL-4A) last night to get it ready to go have a new life with my brother. It runs really good and starts on the third pull but still is smoking (like a bug fogger) and the oiler don’t seem to be working. Dumped the oil bar oil out and it was thick, so I dumped in some old(new) 5w-30 I had laying there and still nothing, manual or automatic. So dumped it out and replaced with gas. I let it sit for about a hour and went back to try to start it and run the gas through the oiler and crank case seemed to have an excess of fuel in it (maybe why it is smoking so much?). Well looking for any parts list or diagrams of how this thing was put together and how to get to the oiler. This thing seems bullet proof and I think I could drive the truck over it. It was the right price too, free!

Latest posts

Back