Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad,

The PL-5 bearings(IPL # 22967) cross over to Koyo NRBBH108
The PL-55 bearings(IPL # 65121), I do not have a cross for.
Both the 5 & 55 take the same seals(IPL # 65194) crosses to SKF 6120

Best to pull the bearing from the clutch case, and take it to a local bearing supplier. They will measure and match it for you. The bearings(new), for the PL-5, were $5 and the seals were $4.

Hope this helps

You could try this company. I have not bought anything from them but the might be able to help you.

. F.N.shappard Belt Co at 1800-733-5773 ,ask for Customer Service.

I got an answer...........there is no stock belt in those dimensions :(, BUT, they can have a lot made. The minimun quantity would be 25 belts. Guess I pose the question, Is anyone interested in a new belt for an OMG Mall saw? I do not have an OMG, but might have a lead on one without a belt. Just going to throw this out there and see if there was any interest. I should break down a couple of my Homelites(20MCS, 26LCS), and measure those belts. What are the odds that they are the same.

I can send you one if you like. I've junked out more than a few Remys.

And, the p.t.o. side cover gets just the large 'O' ring and not a gasket.
Oh. Ok...i saw that big o ring. Ok. Well i just need a seal and 2 bearings which i could find at a local bearing shop. Not sure whats around me tho... what about the round washer on the pto side that the bearing rides against? I think its called a race?

Brad,

The PL-5 bearings(IPL # 22967) cross over to Koyo NRBBH108
The PL-55 bearings(IPL # 65121), I do not have a cross for.
Both the 5 & 55 take the same seals(IPL # 65194) crosses to SKF 6120

Best to pull the bearing from the clutch case, and take it to a local bearing supplier. They will measure and match it for you. The bearings(new), for the PL-5, were $5 and the seals were $4.

Hope this helps
Awesome!! Thanks for the cross references! They should help out alot

Oh. Ok...i saw that big o ring. Ok. Well i just need a seal and 2 bearings which i could find at a local bearing shop. Not sure whats around me tho... what about the round washer on the pto side that the bearing rides against? I think its called a race?

Leave me youir name/address in a private message. I can mail you one or more.

No charge. Kind of like buying you a beer at the local tavern......................................................

PL-5 manual oiler troubles: Your opinion wanted.

I think the check valve at the bar mount is stuck. The pump won't draw oil into the cavity. If I fill it with oil and then push in the plunger I can get it to squirt once. But subsiquent pumps produce nothing. That tells me the pump is sucking back from the bar mount.

Am I on the right track?

I'm using 30w oil thinned 4:1 with kerosene. And, new 'O' ring.

Last edited:
Hah! He healed himself.

I hand oiled the bar/chain with my squirt gun and fired it up on four pulls. Cut part of a cookie and opened the H jet another 1/2 turn. Runs good. Brought him back in to remove bar, drain fluids and store him for parts or fix (much) later. Got the bar off and just for giggles pushed on the oiler.

Hee peed on my new jeans.

I guess all the WD40 and carb. cleaner I squirted in there plus the vibrations of operating had a positive effect.

We be smilin'.
IMG_0362 (Copy).JPG

Can I interest anyone in a decent looking SL9 complete PHO with a scored piston. It runs until it gets hot. Parts guy at the shop bought it new 30 yrs ago. It "quit" on him recently when the piston scored, so he grabbed a newer saw from the shop. I really have no use for it, but CANNOT just toss it. Price is actual shipping from 30179, you chose the method. I can snap a few pics tomorrow. Fire up a convo if interested.

Hah! He healed himself.

I hand oiled the bar/chain with my squirt gun and fired it up on four pulls. Cut part of a cookie and opened the H jet another 1/2 turn. Runs good. Brought him back in to remove bar, drain fluids and store him for parts or fix (much) later. Got the bar off and just for giggles pushed on the oiler.

Hee peed on my new jeans.

I guess all the WD40 and carb. cleaner I squirted in there plus the vibrations of operating had a positive effect.

We be smilin'.
View attachment 328349
I had exactly the same thing happen on a PL-4A. I monkeyed with it for a bit. 1 pump then nothing!??? Let it sit over night then bingo, all was good. I have no explanation.

Can I interest anyone in a decent looking SL9 complete PHO with a scored piston. It runs until it gets hot. Parts guy at the shop bought it new 30 yrs ago. It "quit" on him recently when the piston scored, so he grabbed a newer saw from the shop. I really have no use for it, but CANNOT just toss it. Price is actual shipping from 30179, you chose the method. I can snap a few pics tomorrow. Fire up a convo if interested.

P.M. inbound.

I can take you up on the complete recoil from him.

Picked up a Bantam type spur/drum. Has a Herr (?) number on it A2-408. Is that .404, 7/16" or maybe even 1/2"?

Edit: Just wrapped some 7/16 around the teeth and it fit perfect.

We have a NOS Bamam sprocket for 18 USD and we be smilin'.

Last edited:
Picked up a Bantam type spur/drum. Has a Herr (?) number on it A2-408. Is that .404, 7/16" or maybe even 1/2"?

I have a tub full of Herr spur sprockets, gave away quite a few here at AS, but that part # doesn't jump out at me. I did most of the Herr research at Manufactoring Supply Company, they had?? have?? a great database for Herr sprockets.

:dizzy:
I hope that I didn't just waste $18.99. I asked the seller if the coil listed as used worked/had spark, he responded that the coil is actually NOS, so I jumped on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171226959727

Back