Rip 540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, mic, not even broken in yet. I'll give you a good deal on this little animal right here!! Just a little dirty from sliding around in the saw box. $450 seems reasonable. I mean you would go with another (and this is a good deal), right??:)
View attachment 358036
mmmm....why would one sell such a low hour saw? Are'nt these the latest and greatest? Get a new 201t....they have upgraded the carb/ignition module and will run right with a 200.....only diff is better av, better economy, less emmisions to breathe. Yes the early 201's were dogs stock, factory upgraded 201's are a diff story. Trust me, l own and run all saws mentioned above. The 540 is not a real contender in the pro TH market......try to work on one:dizzy:. I ain't brand bashing either, l like husky saws but they have never been good at top handles...and they still aren't!

It would be fitting for some to get a stihl tattoo in the lower back region.

je7u7ege.jpg

Here is a wheel chock.

Would love to see you do this to your 540. :)

Already seen that. If I was more tech saavy I probably would. Lol.. I guess I could just run over it for my own piece of mind.. been thinking about it actually.

If the 540 is a wheel chock. The 201 makes a great jack stand. Reg's video is proof. Lol

If the 540 is a wheel chock. The 201 makes a great jack stand. Reg's video is proof. Lol

I'm just wondering how much they paid him to sing the praises of that piece of crap. I used to like his tree videos, but then I saw one of two featuring the orange, sickly sounding piece of dog crap, and well, that kinda ruined it for me.:laugh:

Yes I have one and yes I've used it. Do you actually use any of yours, or just dump em off on the guys? If not, shut up!!!

I don't dump anything off, boy.
I have a 540xp in my truck along with whatever else I need to be part a a team,,I ain't no office boy but you sound like a bitter boy. Climb for 28 years and then go into management for the last 13 years and then we can relate.
Jeff ;)

Wow never thought this would generate so much mean heartedness. My skin is thicker than a 120' cottonwood and I use a lanyard all the time, just makes sense why wouldn't you. I like both saws for different reasons the husky for chain speed the stihl for torque. Sorry it took me so long to reply but I have been very busy cutting. I plan to repair the 540 because it's a nice saw and I love the fact you don't have to turn on the switch to start it. mds I appreciate your comments, wait no I don't but have fun stirring the pot no skin off my back I do what I do and will continue too.
ju3u8u5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, in the picture, that bottom piece is the back with the ring on it? Poor design or freak accident? Do you see that happening again?
Bottom piece is the back with the ring and it could happen again as there is not much holding the front and back together.

Wow never thought this would generate so much mean heartedness. My skin is thicker than a 120' cottonwood and I use a lanyard all the time, just makes sense why wouldn't you. I like both saws for different reasons the husky for chain speed the stihl for torque. Sorry it took me so long to reply but I have been very busy cutting. I plan to repair the 540 because it's a nice saw and I love the fact you don't have to turn on the switch to start it. mds I appreciate your comments, wait no I don't but have fun stirring the pot no skin off my back I do what I do and will continue too.
ju3u8u5y.jpg

Nice pic. Looks like a lot of goodies hanging off that saddle. lol

Back