rock jock rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmack

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i have used kmiii, but i have another one thats blue water on the running bowline it is hard to cinch down , anyone have experience using roc joc ropes, good or bad

rock jock rope??

the running bowline never cinches down on a krab i like 2 use the anchor hitch. rock climbing ropes are not 4 tree work because of all the stretch. when u advance 3ft u stretch 2ft. not good when trying to get up in a tree and they dont feel real secure with all that stretch and makes balancing very hard:yoyo:

My second rope is a rock rope (Mammut Dynaloc Everdry)... because I can't afford another arborist rope yet. It's like working on a bungee at first but it stretches out after you position on it a while so it isn't so springy. Still, it's kind of a pain because you have to spend extra time keeping the stretch out... makes for interesting limb walking.

The Dynaloc seems to handle abrasion better than my main rope which is Poison Ivy. Both make and hold knots nicely. I'm liking the Poison Ivy, easy handling, light, not stretchy, works great with a Beeline friction hitch.

I've not used Bluewater dynamic rope but Bluewater II static is pretty stiff, always used figure 8 knots for tying in to it. Since it's a general purpose ascent/descent rope it should be adequate for tree work but I'd get an arborist rope (or two) if you work in trees every day.

(WLL) said:
the running bowline never cinches down on a krab i like 2 use the anchor hitch. rock climbing ropes are not 4 tree work because of all the stretch. when u advance 3ft u stretch 2ft. not good when trying to get up in a tree and they dont feel real secure with all that stretch and makes balancing very hard:yoyo:
im not advocating switching i was in a jam and bought 200 ft cuz the tree was over our usual 150 ropes now after that nightmare i want to use the rope, kmiii is sweet for ascending though

Blinky said:
My second rope is a rock rope (Mammut Dynaloc Everdry)... because I can't afford another arborist rope yet. It's like working on a bungee at first but it stretches out after you position on it a while so it isn't so springy. Still, it's kind of a pain because you have to spend extra time keeping the stretch out... makes for interesting limb walking.

The Dynaloc seems to handle abrasion better than my main rope which is Poison Ivy. Both make and hold knots nicely. I'm liking the Poison Ivy, easy handling, light, not stretchy, works great with a Beeline friction hitch.

I've not used Bluewater dynamic rope but Bluewater II static is pretty stiff, always used figure 8 knots for tying in to it. Since it's a general purpose ascent/descent rope it should be adequate for tree work but I'd get an arborist rope (or two) if you work in trees every day.
pi is as great rope

Arborplex is affordable and reliable, about 275.00 325.00(give or take, too lazy to look in catalog)for a 600' spool.

elmnut said:
Arborplex is affordable and reliable, about 275.00 325.00(give or take, too lazy to look in catalog)for a 600' spool.
thanx fer sharing:confused:

yeah bro sorry, i hate the arborplex from the day it came out

Latest posts

Back