rockin 4 minute vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na... well maybe.. actually nope..
just telling it like it is.

those little maples tight lined to a 5,700 lb machine with a good notch and backcut, they aren;t going back, that's for sure.. so what are the other options?

ps.. the heartwood on both trees was all punky, might have had 2" of good wood on the corners of both notches/hinges.. still no worries... little stump shot to create a lip, and the holding wood didn;t matter that much as long as the pull was directly against the lean.. first one only had to get pulled out of the tree it was hung in, then we stopped pulling and let gravity take over.. second one if I had to do over again, I'd have taken a little more care with the direction of pull, adusting it to compensate for the other side of the pull line, being tied slighty off the lay, at the first stump

ya i have to give you that murphy i have a T-320 bobcat that weighs in at a little over 10k and ive pulled 50 foot pines on the ground up hills in one piece so they will pull alot.

You engineered a few good operations to say the least. Obviously the brains are there. These were not operations for the nil and dandy. I'm sure it's all been tried before though. It's just that after the fools that tried it before blew the whole operation, they knew they would never live down the shame of demonstrating their "talents" here on AS.com.

Great demo :cheers:

What fools are you talking about?

Back