Ross Bandmill ( New & Improved?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I forgot...silly me. The teeth of the blade need to be clear of the bandwheel otherwise you will stuff-up the "set" of the teeth and the blade won't cut worth a..:censored:...

This is the culprit. If the set is gone, the blade gets pinched inside the cut and stresses it to breaking.

Your wheels look like resaw wheels intended for 3"+ wide blades. I'd assume this means your saw is a resaw for cutting cants into dimensioned lumber & NOT designed for cutting raw logs into lumber. With a resaw, the blades last much, much longer and cut incredibly smooth & straight. But they also are very expensive. They're much too expensive to be used for cutting raw logs that have dirt, metal, rocks, grit, debris, etc. in the bark. That's a job for typical band mills. Your saw is designed to cut already squared & clean cants. My suggestion would be either fit your saw with correct blades & use it for it's intended purpose, or else retrofit it with some 19" band wheels so you can use 1.25" typical sawmill blades.

Latest posts

Back