Salvage Yard Husky/Jonsered/Poulan/Ryobi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannon51

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I dropped off some metal at the salvage yard yesterday and came away with some junk saws and trimmers. The Poulan 2750 had a muffler bolt I needed for a 46cc Craftsman. After robbing the bolt I looked in the tank and found the small broken pieces of gas line and fuel filter. It had compression and spark so I tried some gas line that as to small and put one in it that was very tight. It will run on choke but I wonder if the line is pinched off where it's tight in the tank hole. I may look for some line between the 2 sizes I have. It's also missing the anti-vib spring under the handle.
I can't find any ID on the Jonsered, Its about the same size as the husky 268 (looks bigger in picture but is not) and has compression (130 after 5 pulls) and spark. Squirted gas in the carb but only got one pop out of it. Haven't looked into the husky yet.
Both Ryobi trimmers are locked up but I have 2 that I use and wanted them for parts.
Can I still post Photos from My Computer as attachments.

I don't have any idea if the cover matches or not. A couple of pictures of them with the covers off. Looks like the top fin is broken off the Husky. I'll play around with these some but I rarely need a saw larger than my 359.
Cannon

Attachments

• stuff from bruce 005.JPG
    stuff from bruce 005.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 103
  • stuff from bruce 006.JPG
    stuff from bruce 006.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 89
If the air filter cover is stock, it's a Jonsered 670. Or it could be a 625 or 630 with a 670 cover on it. Great saws imo. The husky and jonsered saws you have pictured are nearly identical. Many interior parts are interchangeable. Nice find!

I measured a piece of the Poulan factory fuel line for the 2750, and I got 0.148" OD and 0.092" ID

Yesterday I took the covers, handles and carb off the Poulan 2750 and cleaned it up some. I put a gasket/diaphragm kit in the carb and put it back together. There must be some trick I haven't figured out to get the carb, filter base, screws, handle, fuel line and choke all in there at one time and start the screws. I got it running but need to adjust the carb some more after I get a new air filter on it. I need to find one muffler bolt and the stabilizer spring under the handle before I try to cut with it.
Cannon

I got frustrated this morning working on one of my Cub Cadets so I walked away from it and put the Jonsered on the bench. As I started taking it apart I listed the things I saw that seemed wrong .
No fuel filter in tank
Air Cleaner cover cracked
Tip cover missing a piece on front, some melting
Handle cobbled togetherstuff from bruce 001.JPG stuff from bruce 002.JPG stuff from bruce 003.JPG stuff from bruce 006.JPG stuff from bruce 001.JPG stuff from bruce 002.JPG stuff from bruce 003.JPG stuff from bruce 006.JPG
Muffler bent
Chain Brake lever broken, no brake band inside cover
Piece of white plastic inside clutch cover, don't know if it's something that belongs in there or trash.
Everything is very nasty, but I think I will take the starter cover off before I start cleaning it up.
Cannon

If the air filter cover is stock, it's a Jonsered 670. Or it could be a 625 or 630 with a 670 cover on it. Great saws imo. The husky and jonsered saws you have pictured are nearly identical. Many interior parts are interchangeable. Nice find!
I'm going on the assumption that it's a 670 based on this reply but there is no ID tag on it that I can find. Are you supposed to get snow?
Cannon

I'm going on the assumption that it's a 670 based on this reply but there is no ID tag on it that I can find. Are you supposed to get snow?
Cannon

Looks like the tag is missing - it should have been in the same place as on the Husky. What does it say on the Husky tag?

I got frustrated this morning working on one of my Cub Cadets so I walked away from it and put the Jonsered on the bench. As I started taking it apart I listed the things I saw that seemed wrong .
No fuel filter in tank
Air Cleaner cover cracked
Tip cover missing a piece on front, some melting
Handle cobbled togetherView attachment 407016 View attachment 407017 View attachment 407018 View attachment 407019 View attachment 407016 View attachment 407017 View attachment 407018 View attachment 407019
Muffler bent
Chain Brake lever broken, no brake band inside cover
Piece of white plastic inside clutch cover, don't know if it's something that belongs in there or trash.
Everything is very nasty, but I think I will take the starter cover off before I start cleaning it up.
Cannon
That white piece of plastic is the oil pump cover from behind the clutch

I think the Johnny is a 630 because I do not see a external pulse for the carb. As far as I know the 630 was the only Jonsered on that chassis that was pulsed through the manifold like the Huskys. The 625 and 670 were all externally pulsed from what I can find. Spike60 would know for sure.

Joe

That white piece of plastic is the oil pump cover from behind the clutch
I'm sorry to hear that, wonder if that's still available. is that part the same on Husky?

I think the Johnny is a 630 because I do not see a external pulse for the carb. As far as I know the 630 was the only Jonsered on that chassis that was pulsed through the manifold like the Huskys. The 625 and 670 were all externally pulsed from what I can find. Spike60 would know for sure.

Joe
I had not noticed that but there doesn't seem to be one.
Cannon

Latest posts

Back