Salvage Yard Husky/Jonsered/Poulan/Ryobi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts are plentiful for these saws. Many Husky parts cross over. Check sites like sawsalvage.com and chainsawr.com and weedeaterman. All have parts. Post a wanted ad in the Tradin Post - that works real well.

All in all I think your Jonsered is a real good candidate for an overhaul and put it back into the wood. I've started with less and uglier.

I'm sorry to hear that, wonder if that's still available. is that part the same on Husky?
I think it's the same. I've seen them new on ebay.

I had not noticed that but there doesn't seem to be one.
Cannon
I bet they had either a 670 air filter or a large husky air filter under that larger cover. It's definitely a 670 cover. Good idea. Too bad they aren't still available

I have a spere oil pump i suppose i could share for the love of black and red. Even though it hurts to even think about removing parts that ill need to buy again im sure.

I bet they had either a 670 air filter or a large husky air filter under that larger cover. It's definitely a 670 cover. Good idea. Too bad they aren't still available
I don't know if this is the NLA filter but it looks like new.

I have a spere oil pump i suppose i could share for the love of black and red
Love and chainsaws don't really go together for me but I do have an old Craftsman/Roper that I have owned for 30 years that is still my go to saw. I have a couple of 46cc Poulans that seem to work good for me, mostly because they are light and I am old.
Hsell, I checked the tracking this morning, looks like the Husky won't get there today as I expected.

Attachments

• stuff from bruce 002.JPG
    stuff from bruce 002.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Poulan-craftsman 001.JPG
    Poulan-craftsman 001.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 13

Love and chainsaws don't really go together for me but I do have an old Craftsman/Roper that I have owned for 30 years that is still my go to saw. I have a couple of 46cc Poulans that seem to work good for me, mostly because they are light and I am old.
Hsell, I checked the tracking this morning, looks like the Husky won't get there today as I expected.
Not a Problem.

Thank You

If you decide you don't want that Red and Black 268, I know a fellow.

I got to wanting to hear it run this afternoon. I was going to put a filter on the gas line in the tank but it only came into the tank about 2 inches so I figured it was broken. I found a piece of line that fit tight in the tank and put a piece of fuel line inside it then attached a filter. I pulled out the choke thinking that should set the throttle but it didn't. The choke is not attached to the throttle (Husky?) so this might not be the OE carb. I can't find a fitting for an external impluse line on either the jug or the carb. With the choke on it will hit but not run. I put about a teaspoon of premix in the carb and it cranked and ran about 5 or 10 seconds. Either the carb is dirty or the cobbled up fuel line is restrictive. At any rate I know that it will run. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.
Cannon

Well my love is 2 stroke mainly, then modifying anything. This time a year its chainsaws. Summer and spring its jetskis and atvs. I unfortunately have big love for thatseries of jreds. I have only messed few tho. my major problem is a good deal on a 2 stroke. Now i am into vintage. I guess you could say my problem comes from many angles. Good hob getting it to this point tho the love will come foe them..... maybe....:)

Well my love is 2 stroke mainly, then modifying anything. This time a year its chainsaws. Summer and spring its jetskis and atvs. I unfortunately have big love for thatseries of jreds. I have only messed few tho. my major problem is a good deal on a 2 stroke. Now i am into vintage. I guess you could say my problem comes from many angles. Good hob getting it to this point tho the love will come foe them..... maybe....:)
I'm not to bad about chainsaws, I have 5 that run so at 63 I'm probably set for life. My problem is Lawn/Garden tractors, whenever I see one on craigslist for $100-$150 I just can't help myself. I think I have 15 now.
Cannon

I dropped off some metal at the salvage yard yesterday and came away with some junk saws and trimmers. The Poulan 2750 had a muffler bolt I needed for a 46cc Craftsman. After robbing the bolt I looked in the tank and found the small broken pieces of gas line and fuel filter. It had compression and spark so I tried some gas line that as to small and put one in it that was very tight. It will run on choke but I wonder if the line is pinched off where it's tight in the tank hole. I may look for some line between the 2 sizes I have. It's also missing the anti-vib spring under the handle.
I can't find any ID on the Jonsered, Its about the same size as the husky 268 (looks bigger in picture but is not) and has compression (130 after 5 pulls) and spark. Squirted gas in the carb but only got one pop out of it. Haven't looked into the husky yet.
Both Ryobi trimmers are locked up but I have 2 that I use and wanted them for parts.
Can I still post Photos from My Computer as attachments.
I dont think its a pinch issue. Its probably gummed up or you need to richen up jets and run if for a bit and it might clean itself out. Not a bad score

Is there a Husky case on that Jonsered - or is my partial color blindness fooling me?

SawTroll is always good about answering people!
You've probably already decided for yourself by now,
but yes the Jonsered is all Red & Black.

(lol) you'll notice that I didn't have enough nerve to try proclaiming a Brand, just calling the colors had me nervous enough.

Edit; that should been worded more like:
That i wasn't going to claim that the parts were of any brand, just the colors.
This sleep loss seems to be catching me again.

This morning for no apparent reason it ran for about 10 minuets before I stopped it. I have been priming the carb with premix once or twice a day and letting it run a few seconds but it always stopped. Today it kept running, It would set and idle but would blubber a little at WOT. I went and got the camera and tried to make a video but managed not to get on camera.
Cannon

There's an old trick that, Sometimes, worked on a saw that had been left sitting with fuel in it,
If the carb is mostly gummed up with the oil left after the gasoline has evaporated.

Make sure the saw has fuel and can get through the line to the carb, no clogged fuel filter or bad gas line.
Next Put your thumb tightly over the carb bore and totally block it off. You want NO air to get around your thumb.
Now pull the recoil about a 12~15 times.
This will purge the carb of oily mess by pulling a LOT of gasoline into and through it.
it will NOT remove debris or "fix" a clogged screen or passage clogged with trash.

Now the spark plug will get fouled/wet from this & the saw will get flooded
Get a fresh plug and and be ready to pull it and clean the gunk off and
try to start the saw a couple ~3 times as the gunk from the carb (& fuel line) will foul the plug a couple of times, after this.

This used to work, Sometimes, back in the days of non-corn gasoline.
Worth a shot IF you feel like fooling with it.
Just Don't jerk and abuse the recoil. Pull it in a normal fashion...always.

But I would still figure the carb for a rebuild, meaning a new kit, not just wiping the parts off and throwing the old diaphragms back in it.

What I did when It was running on the primed gas was slap my hand over the intake for a second forcing the engine to try to pull fuel through the carb. I saw a guy do this on a lawn mower engine and thought it might pull enough fuel into the carb to clean it out enough to run. I have some Seafoam in the gas. Probably the same principle but easier on the arm.
Cannon

Back