Saw Modders...take a look at this!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
too be honest i'm not sure if that pic was before or after i had honed it...(it was almost a year ago) but i know ive honed it since.

i completely understand what you are saying with the honing the cylinder and the the piston being loose..it will wobble more and increase the pressure put on the skirt supports..understandable...

as for working with junk...its not that im trying to patch this saw together with junk to get it back going..i have every intention of putting a good p&C on it....but with THIS piston that i have lightened..i wanted to see how long it would last before it grenaded..and if i could do it in a cylinder that already had problems than it wouldn't bother me as bad when it grenaded than when i trashed one of my good used cylinders...know what i mean? just want to see if i went to far and how long it lasts...so both myself and everybody else will know

I really do thank you for your replies

Some thing to keep in mind. If you plan on taking this piston and cylinder to their breaking points; just because, then you will need to plan on possible replacing the crank as well when you are done. Many times a catastrophic failure of a piston can leed to a connecting rod being damaged.

Some thing to keep in mind. If you plan on taking this piston and cylinder to their breaking points; just because, then you will need to plan on possible replacing the crank as well when you are done. Many times a catastrophic failure of a piston can leed to a connecting rod being damaged.

yea..that was something that i had considered as well..been putting quite a bit of thought into all of this...ive been away from the house and away from all of my parts so i gotta figure out what all i have...i'll just have to see and figure out what i have

Latest posts

Back