Sawing Pine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cutting pine

I cut quit abit of white pine here. Generally I have no pitch troubles when cutting. The sap does ooz out from the cuts after it sits awhile.

I cut the same pine on my portable mill. I have to use kerosene on the band blade or the pitch will build up on the blade and cause problems.

So, kerosene works for me. Mineral spirits works well also. I would bet turpintine will work good too.

I cut quit abit of white pine here. Generally I have no pitch troubles when cutting. The sap does ooz out from the cuts after it sits awhile.

I cut the same pine on my portable mill. I have to use kerosene on the band blade or the pitch will build up on the blade and cause problems.

So, kerosene works for me. Mineral spirits works well also. I would bet turpintine will work good too.

Hey topgut,
I don't know what kerosene is costing you, but I use #2 diesel on my band mill. Might save you a couple of bucks.

Andy

JONSEREDFAN6069 wrote:

gotta hide it from the FIL or he'll get busy on it, he's 75 and still think's he can hang. lol gotta love him for trying though.

Truth is some 75 year olds can hang, some can't, some are dead.

Years ago huntin with a 70+ old farmer. He nailed a doe about 125lb in the bottom of a small valley. I was going to get the 4wheeler to haul it out.
He says "nah just get it up on my shoulders".
He carried it up the side of the mountain to the road!!! Wouldn't take any help either.
Tough old bird.

Latest posts

Back