Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there SHTF wood I'd cut them now so there well seasoned. Running a saw in that situation is gona attract attention you dont want.
That's the truth!
I say the same thing about any shooting in those times, tells folks right where to go.
I figure if things come to that I will be putting as much wood in the basement as possible, it will be better than gold for trading:envy::envy::envy::envy::envy:.
Might look something like this lol.

I love my X 27! Use it for splitting (my Hydro has never been to my cabin, we do all that by hand), an occasional Axe, or pounding in plastic wedges, I find myself using it all the time.

If the saws or Hydro go with me, the X 27 comes along. Indispensable, IMO.
They are great!
But just because I can doesn't mean I want too :chop::baba:.
I like the hydro but just as you said I bring both wherever I go, actually both fiscars, I still need to get one of the small one handed axes by them and a belt clip/holder.

@JamesMiller cutting some mulberry logs getting ready for our GTG next month with his Dolmar.
View attachment 681200
That doesn't look 16, will you be cutting 8" cookies at the gtg :laugh:.
Looks good James:chainsaw:.
Glad you got the plug issue taken care of. What brand was that plug.

@JamesMiller cutting some mulberry logs getting ready for our GTG next month with his Dolmar.
View attachment 681200
Your gona heae about letting me cut without PPE I can see it coming. @Just a Guy that cuts wood has some pics of me falling that big ash leaner at the girl scout camp he won't post just for that reason.

That doesn't look 16, will you be cutting 8" cookies at the gtg :laugh:.
Looks good James:chainsaw:.
Glad you got the plug issue taken care of. What brand was that plug.
It was a champion plug. It's got an NGK in it now.

Your gona heae about letting me cut without PPE I can see it coming. @Just a Guy that cuts wood has some pics of me falling that big ash leaner at the girl scout camp he won't post just for that reason.

It was a champion plug. It's got an NGK in it now.
I hope you didn't tell them about me milling in short pants and Crocks on my feat. I did have hearing protectors and glasses.

Whoa. Three days in a week I've been out scrounging, and I still have to go back to finish cleaning up that 39" Oak in my friends front yard. Today I went over my fishing buddy"s house and cut down a couple little dead Oaks and one bigger green one, about 22". He has about a dozen in the 24-30" range that were standing dead. After all this rain they are all on the ground, and I only have about a month to mess with wood and I'll be down for the rest of winter. Right knee replaced.
p2Dy0u7.jpg

GvIeRRv.jpg

Zdd2kLU.jpg

igzQtqc.jpg

Mike, don't like cold rain? Ever visited London? :cold::cold::cold:

Nope, but my Dad told me about your rain. He was over there for a bit before going through France and Germany. Even served under Monty for a bit before us Yanks got our command set up. Said the British troops got a monthly Rum ration that the US troops did not get. He appreciated it while he got it.

Back