Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you guessed it, IT IS SNOWING AGAIN!!!!! They are predicting 4-6 tonight, and another 4-6 on Thursday.

Wish I could sell it all!

Exercise does make a big difference, it just takes a lot of it. At the end of the summer, when I riding with an intense group, I almost can't eat enough to maintain my wt. Kinda the opposite of now!!!!!

Supposed to have some sleet Wednesday night and about 3-7 inches of snow on Thursday. I'm calling it now, definitely no school on Thursday and perhaps Friday. Friday's closure will be depend upon any icy patches within 20 miles of the school and fog within 10.

Yep, which is why exercise isn't that effective with reducing weight. You have to spend a ton of time doing it. Also, vigorous exercise will increase your appetite. That's probably where they got the phrase "work up an appetite." How long is the damn government/health agencies going to champion the eat less fat/salt, exercise more slogan and stand back while the nation gets heavier and heavier!?

[QUOTE="Ambull01, post: 5245531, member: 125922 " How long is the damn government/health agencies going to champion the eat less fat/salt, exercise more slogan and stand back while the nation gets heavier and heavier!?[/QUOTE]

Just as long as there are fast food restaurants, pizza and alcohol.

Just as long as there are fast food restaurants, pizza and alcohol.

Well they are waging war against the wrong culprit(s). Since around the '70s Americans have been reducing their saturated fat intake yet obesity, diabetes, and heart disease have gone through the roof. The stupid food pyramid/My Plate or whatever they're calling it now should be turned upside down. It's the freaking carbs, especially the processed carbs.

Anyway, I think I've derailed this thread long enough lol. I'll discuss this via PM with that MountainHigh guy from now on.

Well , while you lollygagers were goin on about diet I ate my supper , mashed taters , carrots , spinach and some prime rib roast then I went outside and splitup some of the scrounged spruce with my GB splitter , well at least till my beer froze so I called it quits and came in to finish my beer :)

IMG_20150301_193358.jpg

My cat sez that he likes the heat from that scrounged wood .

One thing I will say, if you are out cutting wood alone, tell someone where you will be and carry a cell phone. Those precious minutes saved could mean your life. I was 2 miles from the hospital, I very easily could have been in the woodlot on any one of 12 different woods roads. Be prepared for anything when you're scrounging.

You got to admit that kids just don't go out and play like they used to. We used to drink soda and eat ice cream & still stay thin. Now, they sit in the living room, and they are playing a game with another kid who also stayed in his home.

We rode bikes, played kickball & running bases & kick the can. We built tree forts in the woods, there was never a dull moment. And we burned a lot of calories.

You got to admit that kids just don't go out and play like they used to. We used to drink soda and eat ice cream & still stay thin. Now, they sit in the living room, and they are playing a game with another kid who also stayed in his home.

We rode bikes, played kickball & running bases & kick the can. We built tree forts in the woods, there was never a dull moment. And we burned a lot of calories.
Isn't that the truth. Somewhere at the end of my generation parents started to let TV and video games become the babysitter.

Many of the generation younger than mine have no clue what work is. Heck, even people my age are amazed how much work it takes to do firewood.

Yes sir, it is. Oh well, I hope they have fun lugging around their chair butts. Although, are people fat because they don't get enough exercise? There's some dissent about that. I think diet is the uncontested determining factor! At least that's my thought and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: Almost forgot. It's estimated a 250 pound man will only burn three calories walking up a flight of stairs. Three!! Now exercise is great for other reasons but can we really say that's so for weight loss? Orrrr, is it really the diet.
sew their mouth shut,,and see if they lose weight................

I like the T25 ab ripper video, I don't fallow any of the diet cr@p, eat what ever I want. But do the ab video, gotta keep the stomach strong to protect the back. That video is intense. My SIL is a personal trainer and loves the beachbody programs, wife does them and the brazilian butt lift video, wife cracks me up, does two videos a day then asks me to bring home a snack on my way home.....

I like the T25 ab ripper video, I don't fallow any of the diet cr@p, eat what ever I want. But do the ab video, gotta keep the stomach strong to protect the back. That video is intense. My SIL is a personal trainer and loves the beachbody programs, wife does them and the brazilian butt lift video, wife cracks me up, does two videos a day then asks me to bring home a snack on my way home.....
Still waiting on those photos from your wife and SIL wrestling for the warm spot near the stove....

Latest posts

Back