Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. The Fiskars is just a piece of plastic, head is too light weight, handle isn't made of wood, and the metal is sub par. Can't possibly get a workout out of it much less split wood.
:laugh:

Next couple of weeks I'll be out cutting next year firewood. I'll show ya how much the Fiskars wont split. :muscle:

For anyone interested, this Naturopath Doctor is pretty level headed:
Here's his impressive and free Heart Health book online.

CHOLESTEROL AND HEART HEALTH - YOU CAN BEAT THE ODDS
WHAT THE DRUG COMPANIES WON’T TELL YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR DOESN’T KNOW
Cardiovascular health is a major concern in North America, but optimal cardiovascular health is possible. Tune up your body, and promote ideal cholesterol and blood pressure levels through simple but effective natural methods – diet, lifestyle, attitude, and proper supplementation.

http://doctormurray.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cholesterol-Heart-Health-Book.pdf

IQUOTE="Ambull01, post: 5244980, member: 125922"]We can wait with bated breath. If you're serious though there's always the ignore option.[/QUOTE]

I'm just kidding you. You're a good guy, have a good sense of humor, are very articulate, and I enjoy your posts.

Kind of a jabbermeister, but that's part of what I find amusing. I'm glad you're around.

For anyone interested, this Naturopath Doctor is pretty level headed:
Here's his impressive and free Heart Health book online.

CHOLESTEROL AND HEART HEALTH - YOU CAN BEAT THE ODDS
WHAT THE DRUG COMPANIES WON’T TELL YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR DOESN’T KNOW
Cardiovascular health is a major concern in North America, but optimal cardiovascular health is possible. Tune up your body, and promote ideal cholesterol and blood pressure levels through simple but effective natural methods – diet, lifestyle, attitude, and proper supplementation.

http://doctormurray.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cholesterol-Heart-Health-Book.pdf

Nice, never heard of an N.D. before. Here's more free articles:

http://garytaubes.com/

IQUOTE="Ambull01, post: 5244980, member: 125922"]We can wait with bated breath. If you're serious though there's always the ignore option.

I'm just kidding you. You're a good guy, have a good sense of humor, are very articulate, and I enjoy your posts.

Kind of a jabbermeister, but that's part of what I find amusing. I'm glad you're around.[/QUOTE]

Okay I'll like your post and agree lol. My friends and wife find chainsaws and cutting wood in general redneck-ish so they don't share my enthusiasm for ripping through wood fibers. Also I work with a bunch of old women that have been working here for 30+ years. They complain everyday about gaining weight yet still stuff their faces with tons of carbs. I've tried to tell them about diet but it's almost like trying to reason with my ex-wife.

Anyways, this site is my outlet for my scrounging and now diet obsessions lol.

Just scored my first tree job at todays's 1:00 appt, a nice size Maple must come down, have a clear path to drop it. ... After 4/15!!!

I think I better get a hydro this year, Maple does not split like Ash or Oak!

Mike, we are talking about exercise, and now you go and say you are going to get a hydro? ;)

I burn a lot of maple, and while I agree that it doesn't split like ash or oak, it isn't too bad. You might just need to take a few extra swings, and noodle a few crotches and such.

Kind of a jabbermeister, but that's part of what I find amusing. I'm glad you're around.

Okay I'll like your post and agree lol. My friends and wife find chainsaws and cutting wood in general redneck-ish so they don't share my enthusiasm for ripping through wood fibers. Also I work with a bunch of old women that have been working here for 30+ years. They complain everyday about gaining weight yet still stuff their faces with tons of carbs. I've tried to tell them about diet but it's almost like trying to reason with my ex-wife.

Anyways, this site is my outlet for my scrounging and now diet obsessions lol.[/QUOTE]
tis amazing,,aint it??? eat 20,000 calories per hour,,and wonder why they are fat....and do NO exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just scored my first tree job at todays's 1:00 appt, a nice size Maple must come down, have a clear path to drop it. ... After 4/15!!!

Is the ease of splitting vary widely with maple species/types? The sugar maple (I hope that's what I have) I split up with the Fiskars was extremely easy. I've found green white oak to be much harder to split.

tis amazing,,aint it??? eat 20,000 calories per hour,,and wonder why they are fat....and do NO exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir, it is. Oh well, I hope they have fun lugging around their chair butts. Although, are people fat because they don't get enough exercise? There's some dissent about that. I think diet is the uncontested determining factor! At least that's my thought and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: Almost forgot. It's estimated a 250 pound man will only burn three calories walking up a flight of stairs. Three!! Now exercise is great for other reasons but can we really say that's so for weight loss? Orrrr, is it really the diet.

Well, you guessed it, IT IS SNOWING AGAIN!!!!! They are predicting 4-6 tonight, and another 4-6 on Thursday.

Wish I could sell it all!

Exercise does make a big difference, it just takes a lot of it. At the end of the summer, when I riding with an intense group, I almost can't eat enough to maintain my wt. Kinda the opposite of now!!!!!

Hard maple isn't easy but it's not difficult either with a good tool. It makes you work but it just takes time.

Red and silver maple are easy unless you get a piece like this. Grain did almost a 90 degree towards the right of the picture.

image.jpg

[/QUOTE]Also I work with a bunch of old women that have been working here for 30+ years. They complain everyday about gaining weight yet still stuff their faces with tons of carbs. I've tried to tell them about diet but it's almost like trying to reason with my ex-wife.

Anyways, this site is my outlet for my scrounging and now diet obsessions lol.[/QUOTE]
Kinda like telling woodburners they need to burn dry wood?

Latest posts

Back