Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right Mountain. I received all the warnings too, plus a bottle of Nitro. I should know better but old habits ( what the heck does the DR. know) die hard.

Ya I guess you got the talking too as well eh! :p

I'll leave you with one final thought on this (ok, actually 2 final thoughts). Around the time I had my stress related full-on heart attack some years back, a business associate also had a mild heart attack (cause he got blood thinned down in under an hour), unlike me in denial, that tried to sleep off the intense pain for 6+ hours and did more significant damage to the heart - doh. The associate got a stent or two and took all his recommended meds diligently, but didn't make any changes to his diet, lose any weight or pay any heed to an exercise program. Long and short is, he just had a second mild heart attack but when the cardio doc went fishing in his chest again, the blockages were now MUCH worse. Prognosis - he has to get quadruple bypass - and that can really ruin your day.

Moral of the story, stay on the straight and narrow (good diet and exercise) to further enjoy your years, until you've truly had enough of this old world, then binge to your hearts content on all the crap you want to stuff down your pie hole, and go out with a belly full of cheesecake and greezy fries and a chest *bang* of notable proportions :D

We have had so much snow here, with ground cover for so long, I am hoping that it will put a damper on the tick population, which has been out of control here with all kinds of diseases (new ones ever few years).

They blamed lack of snow for the increase, so we don't have that problem this year!

Wish we had some here, I miss making syrup. Never made a lot, couple gallons a year or so from a big hard maple in the front yard, but man, it sucked down the wood to keep the sap boiling.

Maybe you got a friend up there would like to vampire those trees out for sugar? Like 20 taps on one tree? Then cut them down later?

When I was up there, I had a thought, what a wonderful beverage alternative to pop, just tap, pasteurize and bottle it. As-is, it's sweet enough fresh tapped. Eliminate that whole boiling it down to concentrate it step, and serve a different market, competition for the flavored bottled water products.
up here,,even in a normal year,,youd have to take it down a ways, as the flavor is a smite thin straight out of the tree........

Moral of the story, stay on the straight and narrow (good diet and exercise) to further enjoy your years, until you've truly had enough of this old world, then binge to your hearts content on all the crap you want to stuff down your pie hole, and go out with a belly full of cheesecake and greezy fries and a chest *bang* of notable proportions :D[/QUOTE]
heart attack café in AZ??? :D:D

We got pockets of PI around here also. Big hairy vines going up the tree. I try to make sure the chips are going away from me when I cut it.

There is some of it in my yard, tough to get rid of, likes to come up at the borders, and it the dogs get in it, you can catch it from petting them.
Oh yeah....even when you try to be careful the dogs can still sabotage you.

Ohhh I wish the snow and the cold slowed down the PI. Never has around me. I am good to get it a few times a year.

Clint if I come all the way up there, I am going hunting first, cutting wood second. Actually that sounds like one heck of a road trip.

How early does the snow start up there... July or August?

Latest posts

Back