Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's elm. It was a double stem, and there is a seam with inclusion pretty close to the middle. I'll probably clean it off a bit with the hose and then cut from the middle out on each side as I could probably move half of it "pretty easily" in comparison to the hole thing lol.
I was talking to a guy at church tonight and he said a friend of his has a machine that makes stocks. He sold him walnut trees that were hollow and the guy would use the crotch wood and leave the rest, then he would make firewood out of it. I never knew there was a machine like that an individual could buy.
Don't know for sure but he is probably using an old Shoe Last Duplicating Lathe. The youtube shows an old one being used. It shows the duplicator in the first part of the video. The rest of the video is irrelevant.
I had a friend years ago that used one to make wooden duck decoys. He has passed and I have often wondered what happened to the lathe. I'll try and post a pic of one of the decoys the lathe produced. The same could be done with a gun stock.

:cool: OT

As a retired auditor, I always get a kick out of things that just aren't right, and the lack of reviews being done.

For example, Fed Ex sent me an e-mail today (4/5/22) stating they will be delivering my Cabelas order to me between 11:30 and 4:10 on 4/4/22!!!

Boy, talk about fast!

And yesterday I got my Bailey's Master Catalog for 2022. It has lots of specs for Husky and Makita saws. I was particularly impressed with the MKA EA7900PRZ1.

It is 79cc, only 18.3 lbs but produces 45.7 Hp!!! I'll bet no one will need to get that thing ported!

FedEx is a **** show. They recently lost my wine delivery. They called me to see if I got it and said they didn’t know what was in it or if it got delivered and then they asked if it was wine and said it must’ve gotten broken on the way because they don’t have any delivery receipt and they don’t have it anymore. So WTF did it actually go? If it was damaged in transit, it would’ve been reported and they would’ve had a soggy box of wine.

Someone in the Superior, WI shipping terminal must’ve enjoyed some good wine last week lol

Dont get me started on UPS. I have a order for a 12 tray dehydrator that is already several days late. UPS is now saying my order may be lost. They gave me the option to cancel and reorder, but that aint going to happen. Since I first ordered the dehydrator, the price has increased by $20. I dont think I should have to pay the extra to take a chance on it being lost also. I dont need the dehydrator right now so I plan on just being a pain in their butt until my order shows up or they make up what it will cost me to cancel and reorder.

That's probably a little over a third/not quite half shifted. Hopefully I've enough room for tomorrow's delivery/ies!
Looks like you're working with the headlamp or of necessity! Nicely done, Neil.

Still trying to crank out a little every day. Mine is out of necessity too - otherwise I'll be cutting the weeds around the logs just to get to them.
20220405_185128.jpg20220405_184109.jpg

Darn I wheel barrowed a load to the wood box today, can't believe I didn't take a pic.
4 trailer loads to the drying racks. Pasture was finally firm enough for the mower and trailer today. Raining now. :nofunny:
I managed to get a couple drains put in under the accessory drive today, I have one more to do.
I also started cutting the big stump in half, it went alright, but after resharpening a couple times I was done with that for the day. Maybe I'll try a bit more tomorrow if you don't send too much rain to this side of the lake.
Oh :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures: :lol:.

Well ... since we have exhausted the topic of Oil threads, maybe it is time to start on wheelbarrows ... wood handles or metal??? Steel or Plastic??? One wheel or two???

Hard tire or pump up??? Just some food for thought!
Steel, one wheel, wood handles, flat proof tire, and it needs to be painted green!
Anybody that thinks otherwise is wrong.....

How's that? ;)

Dont get me started on UPS. I have a order for a 12 tray dehydrator that is already several days late. UPS is now saying my order may be lost. They gave me the option to cancel and reorder, but that aint going to happen. Since I first ordered the dehydrator, the price has increased by $20. I dont think I should have to pay the extra to take a chance on it being lost also. I dont need the dehydrator right now so I plan on just being a pain in their butt until my order shows up or they make up what it will cost me to cancel and reorder.
I ordered a cast iron wok that came from the clearance section of an upscale store and shipped through USPS. It vanished in transit and after 6 weeks I complained and they mailed me another one. That showed up within a week and about three weeks later the second one arrived. I called them back and they said keep it.

Unfortunately, Steve, it is kind of common for trucks from all companies to suffer from "evaporation".
Yep.

What I didn't understand is why they were playing dumb. The label clearly is listed as alcohol and adult sig required.

Long and short, it was scanned in when it arrived in Superior and then disappeared. It never went out for delivery.

Steel, one wheel, wood handles, flat proof tire, and it needs to be painted green!
Anybody that thinks otherwise is wrong.....

How's that? ;)
Agree with everything you say except the color, I leave them "True Temper" black!

I also like to replace the handles with chainsaw made Shag Hickory.

Latest posts

Back