Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I left the pro saws behind and used my MS250 today, with Chinese carburetor šŸ˜±, to limb up a downed chestnut oakā€¦.and I didnā€™t ā€run out of sawā€, feel less of a man or even blow it up. Dang thing just runs and cuts like, well, a good chainsaw.

View attachment 1045437

View attachment 1045438
Nothing wrong with that I have a couple truck saws that stay in my trunk of the vehicles in case I see a scrounge coming home from work sometimes they trim the powerlines and leave the wood in the ditch. Husky 137 and 236 that I got for free and got running my assumption is that they are poulans and not the good ones.
A few other weekend randoms. Was able to take my dogs for about 4 miles of walks this weekend, which was really nice. I feel bad when theyā€™re cooped up in kennels when I have long work days.
View attachment 1045447View attachment 1045448View attachment 1045449View attachment 1045450View attachment 1045451View attachment 1045453View attachment 1045454View attachment 1045455View attachment 1045456View attachment 1045457
Happy New Year Steve. Looks like you had a couple days of rest as well. I'm usually not able to take much vacation during the year so I have to take most of it now over the holidays. Looks like your dogs got plenty of excercise in playing out in the snow.

These 2 are funny looking dogs?! šŸ˜¬

They are aggravating as heck with the factory carb. I am pretty competent with building and tuning carbs and I never could get it to run right, hated the saw. I had it several years and barely used it.

Seems when you look around online there are lots of folks who hate them šŸ˜‚

I put this carb on it and now the thing runs fantastic. It would idle a tank of fuel if you left it and the hot start flooding they all seem to have has vanished. Running RS chain on it (it just wonā€™t wear out) and it really cuts good.

The only negative is the L adjustment screw doesnā€™t line up perfectly with the access hole.

I have the stock muffler on it as this is mainly my ATV saw and I donā€™t want it to be an ear rattler.
Sounds like my 250. Hate the saw, never run very well. Maybe I'll try a new carb on it. Or, maybe I'll just sell it off.

I left the pro saws behind and used my MS250 today, with Chinese carburetor šŸ˜±, to limb up a downed chestnut oakā€¦.and I didnā€™t ā€run out of sawā€, feel less of a man or even blow it up. Dang thing just runs and cuts like, well, a good chainsaw.

View attachment 1045437

View attachment 1045438
Many years ago I bought an MS 290 to help out a friend. I think it was the second time in my life I didnā€™t have a saw on my truck. Turned out I liked it. It became my truck saw. Stays on the back 24/7, itā€™s not even Orange any more. Another friend gave me 3 20ā€ bars from his 390. So I switched over to 3/8 chain and opened up the muffler a little. Now I hand it to friends and they go, oh, a Farm Boss. Then they run it, and go, wow, what did you do to that saw, it runs great. It does run better than the average 290.

Then I bought an MS 170 because they were on sale for $159. It ran great for several years and started losing power. Went by my friends shop and told him it was time for a plug. He asked if I checked the muffler? Duh. Pulled the cover off and it was so carboned up you couldnā€™t see light through it. Cleaned out, running great again. Few more years went by and it started losing power again. Muffler was clean, so I checked the air filter. It was spotless. But the saw still wasnā€™t right. Checked the air filter again. Enough Super fine dust was getting by the filter and was sticking to the plastic block before the carb, it was almost blocked. Cleaned it out and running great again.

Im happy with my home owner grade saws. I have 60 or 70 pro saws on the shelves. Itā€™s too hard to keep them running so they just sit and look pretty. My 660 is always at hand. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever buy a new saw again.

Unless I run across a 116 CC Echo 1201.

Oh, also forgot to mention that I got another stint of Facebook jail time for posting a screenshot of my first ban. Apparently that is also ā€œinciting violenceā€. My statement was ā€œdrug dealers should be hung out to dryā€. Lol. It was supposed to be a 48 hour ban that was magically turned to a 72 hour ban without notice. I get out of jail in an hour lol

One of my cousins climbers was a bit of a survivalist. Before he got married he would take his two weeks vacation and disappear in the George Washington National Forest with just a back pack. He was big into eating buds and bugs. He used to mess with the new guys by picking up bugs and eating them. Till he ate a Stink Bug. Later I asked him if he really chewed it up or just swallowed it? He said he popped it in his mouth and crunched down on it, and instantly thought he was going to die. But, he knew he drew the line and couldnā€™t back over it, so he chewed it up good and swallowed. When he crunched it up that smell shot through his sinus and he said he didnā€™t think it would ever go away.
My friendā€™s grandpa ate poison ivy in a similar showing like thatā€¦ And he just about died.

Editā€¦ He told the kids that ā€œpoison ivy reactions were all in your headā€. Maybe not lol

A few of these saw guys really irk meā€¦

I donā€™t care if somebody does great workā€¦ If theyā€™re a ****** human being, theyā€™re not getting any support from me.

These guys have all kind of taken the lead from *cough* someone that weā€™ve all heard of who has a great online persona, but will throw people under the bus at will to further their cause.

Sorry, I donā€™t mean to ***** to start the year but seeing two of the guys mentioned in the last couple of pages just had me on a mini rant.

I donā€™t care if somebody does great workā€¦ If theyā€™re a ****** human being, theyā€™re not getting any support from me.

These guys have all kind of taken the lead from *cough* someone that weā€™ve all heard of who has a great online persona, but will throw people under the bus at will to further their cause.

Sorry, I donā€™t mean to ***** to start the year but seeing two of the guys mentioned in the last couple of pages just had me on a mini rant.
"SVK, keeping it real in 2023" :lol: .
I know I've said and done things that people didn't like, but at least I own them :).

"SVK, keeping it real in 2023" :lol: .
I know I've said and done things that people didn't like, but at least I own them :).
Having disagreements is one thing. Weā€™ve certainly been there. Throwing people under the bus is anotherā€¦.. something Iā€™ve experienced from both of the individuals mentioned recently

Didnā€™t mean to get anything started, I donā€™t really know Nick. I ordered a filter set up from him for the 562, I donā€™t really like the design of the filter sticking up in the air and being exposed but it was a significant performance improvement. He forgot my order for about 3 weeks and after I reminded him he apologized and threw in a bottle of filter oil with the order.

Sure, you can be my mate. I'll LET you run the trolling motor, getting me to the brush piles so I can fish. And I'll give you the coffee can so you can bail water when we get swamped by one of those @#*@ bass boats that fly by. :laugh:
Now I know how my dad felt for the first 15 years of my life šŸ˜†. Im pretty lucky I am on a lake that fast limits of 10-14" ones are easy to come by with the possibility of 18" 2" white mister twister and 1/32oz jig is all I use.

Latest posts

Back