Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more post on the skidsteer thing for KK and then I’m gonna try to be done 🤣

If I asked about what saw to buy for my business I’m sure I’d get a lot of different answers, ranging from a small light saw to KK telling me to go buy a STIHL 661.

And I’d probably still buy a Husky 372 and be happy with it 👍
you nailed it SA! ask anyone what cam is best for my modded engine... and u will get no end of suggestions. and none will have the same durations, lift and 050's as anyone else... even the cam co's won't be the same...

just how it is!

you nailed it SA! ask anyone what cam is best for my modded engine... and u will get no end of suggestions. and none will have the same durations, lift and 050's as anyone else... even the cam co's won't be the same...

just how it is!
The best chainsaws to get are whatever saws I own. :laugh:

So in other words... you DID want both! LOL. OK, I get that you don't have a current want/need for a skid now though so I'm just kidding ya! ;)
yo H-R! i want one, too... even though i don't have a real need for one. i am going to go and do it like the kid has to date...

can't make no decision! :laugh:

So in other words... you DID want both! LOL. OK, I get that you don't have a current want/need for a skid now though so I'm just kidding ya! ;)

No, not at all... I found one of those deals that was too good to pass up, but after having it for a time I saw how limiting the skid was, so I sent it down the road and bought my loader tractor, what a huge improvement it has been.

It goes down the road at 22 mph so I can pull loads home right from jobs a few miles away, and it just does so much more in the woods and getting logs out/home. Three feet of snow and it just keeps on going, it's just a MUCH more versatile machine to own.

I've spent time on Kodiak, I could drive it right down the road there, pulling loads anyplace I wanted to go, plus have it working for me there too, just like I do here.

SR

Or like butter when you get the hang of it 🙂
Kid; another thing I would look for, and this is coming from running pretty much every brand and set up of machine in the skidsteer world, would be pilot controls.

i just :heart: good pilot controls.... :blob2:
1674323615733.png

No, not at all... I found one of those deals that was too good to pass up, but after having it for a time I saw how limiting the skid was, so I sent it down the road and bought my loader tractor, what a huge improvement it has been.

I've spent time on Kodiak, I could drive it right down the road there, pulling loads anyplace I wanted to go, plus have it working for me there too, just like I do here.

SR
i have never been to Kodiak, but i have spent some time up in Homer.... Alaska is :numberone:

Back