Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I went out to get the paper this morning, I saw that my neighbor had left me something! Made it to 63 today, and is always good to have nice neighbors. Not that it is a big #, but unfortunately I had a lot of friends who have not made it this far, so I appreciate it.

I may just grab a gun or two and go to the range, and will be having dinner with my brother (MechMatt's Dad) at a real nice place I like to go to. The atmosphere is casual, but the food is top notch, my kind of place.

Got some new clothes for biking and getting some new lightweight bars for the saws, so all is well!

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Happy B-day...enjoy the day.

Thank you. She's a warm weather, fair weather hunter that only hunts with a bow. She unfortunately only knows what it's like to lose a deer, never the excitement of a successful hunt. Maybe she will go again this year after skipping last year. Maybe not. But she will always help wrap the meat after I process it.

Hopefully she gets hooked on fishing. That would rock.

I need to look into hunting on military posts. See big deer all over the place on most of the bases I've visited. Also have a big freezer with nothing in it.

The reason is they don't let you hunt on most of them! Just went to the Fish & Game club, of course, a deer crosses the driveway when I go in. Happens all the time, we have an easement for the driveway through NYC watershed, but you can't hunt there!

Re: B'Day presents, my Sugi Hara bar arrived today, so all is well! What timing!!!

The weed wacker didn't want to play nice today. It would start idle them die. Or start idle and when I gave it throttle it would die. I give in and ordered a set of card adjustment tools to try to get this thing running right again. I am still selling it but I got to learn a little with this carb. Seems like from what I can find it is running lean. Looking at the plug I think the same thing since it is only a light grey color not caramel. This is the factory tune, it needs to be better. This walbro doesnt have the H or L needles marked. I feel like I will be guessing in the dark as to which is which.

The weed wacker didn't want to play nice today. It would start idle them die. Or start idle and when I gave it throttle it would die. I give in and ordered a set of card adjustment tools to try to get this thing running right again. I am still selling it but I got to learn a little with this carb. Seems like from what I can find it is running lean. Looking at the plug I think the same thing since it is only a light grey color not caramel. This is the factory tune, it needs to be better. This walbro doesnt have the H or L needles marked. I feel like I will be guessing in the dark as to which is which.

Closest to cylinder is Low. Check muffler for obstructions, doesn't take two days for mud daubers to do their thing. Small engine two stroke carbs have teeny screens inside, the least bit of dirt or dried gas residue will plug them up and stop fuel flow.

No scrounging this week for me except for 2 quarts of blueberries I picked Wednesday night .
I was up in the road that I scrounge my firewood so I took inventory of some new dead standing trees to go back for :)
I switched tractors tonight , brought the Kubota back to run the Japa for the selling wood and dropped off the MF1020 for the scrounging wood .

sk9GzrrJbtKzFSP7L8xYJlfy4RD6K8V2aLbnJgGXVts=w1223-h917-no

Busy day today, delivered a cord of wood this morning to a new person who wants 5 cord (did not make a dent in that large pile), and had to help my brother out with concrete work this pm - the guy he was working with had an emergency dental appointment, so I filled in.

Turns out my brother's client is the younger brother of a girl I went to HS with, and she married one of my old friends from the neighborhood. They moved to SC a long time ago, and I lost touch. In addition to the work, it was good to talk about old times (he blames my old Mustangs for his lust for fast cars, and he currently owns a HEMI Challenger). It was also good to catch up on how old friends are doing, and saying a second hand hello.

Closest to cylinder is Low. Check muffler for obstructions, doesn't take two days for mud daubers to do their thing. Small engine two stroke carbs have teeny screens inside, the least bit of dirt or dried gas residue will plug them up and stop fuel flow.
Should I take the carb apart and clean it out with carb cleaner and the reinstall the diaphragms if they are still flexible?

Should I take the carb apart and clean it out with carb cleaner and the reinstall the diaphragms if they are still flexible?
No. You should build a trebuchet and hurl that piece as far as you can and go buy a new one. That's what I am going to do tomorrow. Go to my stihl dealer and come home and whack some weeds!

Back