Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. seems to me it was a single carb 4 barrel, so most likely 283 with the powerglide. he sold it in good running shape to our barber for 20 bucks...right before I turned 16..I am STILL steamed about that......
:cry::cry::cry:
this is the only chevy i ever owned. disclaimer. this is not my truck but mine looked just like it. won a few trophies with it at van shows. still kicking myself for selling it.:dizzy:

images

My wife has been hunting a few times and has been unsuccessful so far so she understands how hunting/fishing works. I am looking into a charter service to help maximize the opportunity since I don't know the lake, the lake is crazy deep and I don't have the proper equipment to get bait way down there.
@nomad_archer You are a lucky guy having a wife who will go hunting and fishing with you. Best my wife would do was to prepare the meat after it had been processed.

Now Zog, I got a question for you. I have never heard/seen a 59 Nomad Wagon. I thought they were just 55-57. Now I remember my Dad had a 58 Chevy 2 door station wagon (Black & White), but it was not called a Nomad. I think it was called a Yukon. Never seen another one of them either.

You have any info on this stuff?
I actually had a 1958 nomad. The 55-56-57 were 2 doors. After that they were basically a 4 door wagon with a trim package.

@nomad_archer You are a lucky guy having a wife who will go hunting and fishing with you. Best my wife would do was to prepare the meat after it had been processed.
Thank you. She's a warm weather, fair weather hunter that only hunts with a bow. She unfortunately only knows what it's like to lose a deer, never the excitement of a successful hunt. Maybe she will go again this year after skipping last year. Maybe not. But she will always help wrap the meat after I process it.

Hopefully she gets hooked on fishing. That would rock.

Put a brand spankin stihl rs chain on my $50 032av. It's the first chance I've had to run this saw. I've been raving about my poulan pro 5020 but apparantly I don't know squat! That ancient chunk of magnesium is a wood eating machine and easily out pulls my poulan. The old 032 however has some heft to it, harsh ergos and once it's hot it won't idle. But boy does it cut wood. I had the 18" bar buried in both elm and hard maple tonight and it just ate it up.

same era as that nomad wagon, my mom said the same thing sorta "I don't want to know what it is, you clean it, I'll cook it"! We lived out in the sticks, I didn't "do" football/baseball/hockey, that was all city kids stuff. I did hunting/fishing/trapping/camping/snowshoeing, about anything that got me away from the house and people and into the woods. I did do the home garden and lawn and leaf action, snow shoveling etc, but that's it, then vamoose, back to some campsite. Hmm, guess I have always been a curmudgeon..hmmm It is looking a little suburbia around here, need to start looking...

I think today may be my lucky day, the weed wacker I used last night, probably need some carb adjustment but today it will run sometimes but if shut off it wont start back up. If it idles to long or is run at partial throttle it will die. Might be time to upgrade :happybanana:. My wife is not happy but I am kind of thrilled. I will give it a try to adjust the carb but only so that I can sell the thing.

I got it running ok with an idle adjustment. I cant adjust the carb because it takes a special tool that I don't have. Oh well it is running a touch on the lean side but seems like all 2 stroke equipment is anymore. Runs well enough to post on CL. Cant wait until it is gone.

When I went out to get the paper this morning, I saw that my neighbor had left me something! Made it to 63 today, and is always good to have nice neighbors. Not that it is a big #, but unfortunately I had a lot of friends who have not made it this far, so I appreciate it.

I may just grab a gun or two and go to the range, and will be having dinner with my brother (MechMatt's Dad) at a real nice place I like to go to. The atmosphere is casual, but the food is top notch, my kind of place.

Got some new clothes for biking and getting some new lightweight bars for the saws, so all is well!

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Attachments

• 8-6-15 001.jpg
    8-6-15 001.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 44
When I went out to get the paper this morning, I saw that my neighbor had left me something! Made it to 63 today, and is always good to have nice neighbors. Not that it is a big #, but unfortunately I had a lot of friends who have not made it this far, so I appreciate it.

I may just grab a gun or two and go to the range, and will be having dinner with my brother (MechMatt's Dad) at a real nice place I like to go to. The atmosphere is casual, but the food is top notch, my kind of place.

Got some new clothes for biking and getting some new lightweight bars for the saws, so all is well!

Hope everyone has a great day today.
Have a great day mike!

Latest posts

Back