Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. You should build a trebuchet and hurl that piece as far as you can and go buy a new one. That's what I am going to do tomorrow. Go to my stihl dealer and come home and whack some weeds!
The stihl is still happening. A FS-56 RC-E to be exact. I want to fix this on the cheap and sell it. Possibly learn something along the way.

Should I take the carb apart and clean it out with carb cleaner and the reinstall the diaphragms if they are still flexible?

You can try it. Just watch spraying out carb bodies, no matter where you stick the little wand and spray, it will spurt out and head for the eyes..one of those cosmic gotchas..hehehe

Thanks zog. The carb cleaning worked like a charm. That was the first time I took a carb apart. The screen had a bunch of junk in it. I was wearing safety glasses when I sprayed out the carb body. Glad I did because I sent a good shot of carb cleaner through the carb body and over my shoulder.

Cleaned the plug and spark arrester screen. Put it back together added some premix and it fired right up. Ran like it did new. Which means it could still go for a slight carb adjustment. I will do the tuning if I don't sell it before my carb adjustment tools get here from Amazon.

All of this before I finished my first cup of coffee. Thanks again you guys rock.

Brand spankin whacker on sale and a couple chains buy one get one half price. Got out of there before I bought a saw on the Visa card and had to spend the rest of the summer sleeping with the dog! Yes, I picked up every saw and made saw noises until my father in law asked what the heck was wrong with me!image.jpg image.jpg

I'm going to get a stihl fs38. To replace my stihl fs38. Lol. I got one as a gift 5 years ago and it has always run mint. Ignition module went and they are about $70 here in canada and a whole new machine is 140. So now I'll have a parts whacker. Lol.

That makes it an easy choice. Although only 5 years of service is kind of disappointing.

I like straight shaft trimmers hench why I chose what I did.

I got the mill planted this morning and had a chance to fire it up :)
I milled up a bunch of stickers for the milled lumber pile .

YARZxEdfcpHIFy1cT4efw2GRBwue4D5a41fDTuxUrUY=w1223-h917-no

Here's the 2 most expensive 2x4's I've ever owned LOL

AYQ75vd7ujfYP0VXNWsKaBrQY6wsGqazUslZVP1-Y0k=w1223-h917-no

The logs were scrounged and the slabwood will burn nicely in the furnace :)

Got around to using some maple i milled up last year.

The frame is a standing dead sugar maple that i cut a couple months ago.

Always wanted to make "log" table.

Probably broke a 100 woodworking rules but i just wanted to put something together.

Cheers.

View attachment 439978
Awesome!

Got around to using some maple i milled up last year.

The frame is a standing dead sugar maple that i cut a couple months ago.

Always wanted to make "log" table.

Probably broke a 100 woodworking rules but i just wanted to put something together.

Cheers.

View attachment 439978
Beautiful. I made a couple live edge benches a few years ago. I put a couple coats of clear over the whole thing, including bark. It's all still looking good. Love the table!

Latest posts

Back