Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean they are STHIL junk? 🤔
Sure, that works too lol.
Not sure how many I own, but the ratio is pretty high, just hand me a saw with a sharp chain and full of fluids and I'll cut; although it may not be for long depending on what it is :laugh:.
I enjoy running equipment :yes:.

Morning men, and throw line pulling squirrels. Weekend turned out to be pretty busy. After the Sam's club run, we went home and put everything away. Which took much longer then expected. Nice thing the kids got a nap in so they weren't too bad for the rest of the day. Worked on getting the handle fixed up on the 364xp I have sitting on my bench. Got a gash in it, but other wise fully functional. Nothing a little jb weld couldn't mend. Then started in on the flooring in my boys room. Got to where the closet hit the main room and realized I needed to pull out the first row of flooring in the closet as apparently the outside walls from the main room to the closet arnt the same distance. That pretty much killed my steam for the evening on that project. It was close to dinner any way, so I fired up the skillet and made some burgers we got at sams club. Ribeye steak burgers. Must say I was pretty impressed with them. Kids really liked them too.
Sunday rolled around, ran to Walmart to get the smaller quantity items that Sam's club didn't have. Grabbed a pair of knee pads as my knees were really bothering me from doing that floor. (I guess it's a sure sign of aging.) Went home, tended the chickens then started on the floor again. Got that all finished up. Turned out pretty good. Turned the kids onto getting some seeds planted for in the garden. I know little late but it will be fine in the greater scheme of things.
Kids enjoyed doing that. Some of the seeds were pretty old so I'm not thinking a few of them will sprout but we'll see.

Attachments

• 20230312_133726.jpg
    20230312_133726.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_133736.jpg
    20230312_133736.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_171947.jpg
    20230312_171947.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_171956.jpg
    20230312_171956.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_172000.jpg
    20230312_172000.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Figured I'd break up the posts. After planting I turned my attention to the China 543xp/4350 zenoah. Wow, what a poor recreation. Genuine zenoah has the separated stratto port. Just look at the exhaust. The blue marker outlines what the port should look like on the exhaust side. Intake wasn't so bad till I realized the intake gasket wasn't cut down for enough either. The little cut out in the picture is the bottom of the intake rubber and matched the port pretty well. Stratto port was fully blocked as well. Cut all that out. The gasket has some sort of sticky coating on it, had to use a razor to real carefully get it off the cylinder. There deffinatly feels like there's a metal ring built into the intake boot and it was on there darn tight. Took a good bit of fiddling around to get it off unmolested.
After marking up the cylinder to get everything about where it should be compared to my zenoah cylinder I thought I'd vetter check squish. 0.044" with the gasket, 0.023 without it. Ideally I'd like it a bit tighter, but the closest lathe I have to me won't go big enough so ill just deal with what I've got, and glue the cylinder without a base gasket. I'll get pic up of that when its finished. Let's just say that exhaust port was offset to one side as well, and about 3/4 the size of the genuine zenoah so it took a little doing to get it back about where it should be. Also wasn't real impressed with the casting buggers in the transfer ports. The intake side transfers couldn't have flowed more then 50% of what they should have.
I didn't take any timing numbers since I wasn't planning on porting it, just measurements from the squish band down to compare cylinder heights off the genuion cylinder. If I recall correctly with a base gasket my zen had about 0.026" squish so I figured it would be close enough to get this cylinder in the ball park. The transfere height were actually spot on shape looks ok for a stock port job. The intake was a bit higher, but with the port being shaped differently I'm just going to leave it. The exhaust was/is my biggest concern as it was off to the left and a good bit smaller then the zenoah cylinder. It's about 80% done so well see. Plating looks good. Chamfers look like ****. I have some nice little diamond ball things for the dremmel that work pretty well to chamfer the ports so I'll go in there and do that as a finishing step.

Attachments

• 20230312_154924.jpg
    20230312_154924.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_153255.jpg
    20230312_153255.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_153250.jpg
    20230312_153250.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230312_153244.jpg
    20230312_153244.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Good morning fellas. 50 pages in a week! Good work, I have lots of catching up to do!
We just got back from Mexico.
My view yesterday. 1678455870025.jpg
My view today.
20230313_065638.jpg
:rare2:
The wife and I had a great time with some friends. It's good to be home but this snow sucks. It's supposed to warm up, rain and it's going to be a sloppy mess by Wednesday. I hate March.

Cowgirl digs some into the soil in her horticultural compound, the rest I use as fire starter. I prefer it to newspaper.
I mix my dry saw waste with used motor. oil. It's a good way to recycle the used oil and it burns longer than with out the oil. I don't even use kindling. I have to keep it on the porch in a five gallon bucket, because my Sqaw doesn't
like the smell of motor oil! 🤔 Can you believe that??? I mean, who doesn't like the smell of used motor oil?🤷
Thinking about starting a vending machine business. :omg: What do you guy's think?:laughing:
View attachment 1065759
I think you're on your way to a lucrative and profitable enterprise!👍🤣

Good morning Gents. Well, I wanted to mill up that yellow cedar today along with a couple nice size burrells I need to turn into flats, but it got pretty blustery last night and it STIHL is this morning. Might be another day of used pickup truck shopping!👎
Suck it up buttercup, you Stihl have work to do Lol 😆

Latest posts

Back