Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting! I was thinking about asking him if their termites are on the deadly insect list.

:crazy2:

We have a type of ant here called meat ants and they absolutely love termites. Whenever there is any impact on the ground they are out of the nest and everywhere looking for the tree that may have come down. But splitting a few rounds near the nest has the same effect. They were all over the place yesterday scrounging them up.

We have two substantial nests at our place and if I have picked up wood that has termite pipes up them I will sometimes chuck it out of the trailer next to the nest and split it there. The ants come flying out and pick out all the termites. The only thing is that you don't want to stand stihl for too long or you're on the menu too.

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, hope you are better soon.

I just thought we had not heard from you because the weather finally was good for the sap ... below freezing at night and above during the day!
All the buckets are overflowing but I can’t collect them the way I feel and the next few days aren’t going to be good weather at all . Hopefully the sap doesn’t turn before Thursday so I can make some more syrup

I've got some nice cedars on my property. They're worth some money, but they're too nice looking for me to cut them down. One of them I even decorate every year for Christmas...I think I'm the only guy in the area with an 100' tall Christmas tree. 🤣
Good on ya!👍

When it gets that cold, I just pedal on the trainer...or if I do venture outside to work out, it's for a run. I get sweaty on the uphill and then freeze my ass off on the downhill if I ride in the cold...too many hills for cold weather.
Yea , definitely have to wear clothes that breathe real well , but keep you from getting cold to, you do it as long as I have, you have a system that you know works 👍

Still too much snow here to even think about a MTB ride. If we get a dry day, I might be able to get out and be a road flea...but even those look rare for the next couple of weeks.

Instead, I've been logging hours in the pain cave:
View attachment 1065641
Yea , I will ride in some pretty crappy weather, as long as I don’t have to use a trainer, I do not like them , but glad ur in the pain cave , been there for sure 👍

Have no time for indoor or outdoor biking till after 4/15, but looking forward to a better biking year than last year.

Only got out a handful of times on the road bike, and my (almost new) 29" full suspension Trek only went out once or twice!

Hoping to have a better season this year.
Go get um Mike 👍

Back