Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go to town today and get some parts to finish installing our new toyo stove.

I noticed they had Husqvarna brand wedges and just by feeling and visually I could tell they are way better than then ones I had, so I grabbed 2 of each size.

View attachment 1120307

I've had 'wedges' on the shopping list for a couple weeks. I'm down to two short ones and one of them just got chewed on by the saw. Hard to get to a dealer. John Deere dealer is only 1/4 mile from the driveway and I go right by there everytime I cut wood. I must have some sort of memory block as after over 15 drive bys I still haven't remembered to stop.

You'd think that no-one could do it themselves if you listened to all those who asked me if I was going to build it myself, then when I said yes they looked at me like I was crazy. Somebody has to be building them, why can't I :nofunny:.
Yep, I would have had mine 100% finished had I started 2 yrs earlier, cost wise anyhow.
IMG_2104.jpeg

How I wish I could. I have the current edition of windows and while it does download the camera, they go to "Drive E". I can't find the pictures there. I've been on this forum since what back in the early days of windows, posted lots of pics
Plug your camera in using the usb cable. In the search window in the task bar, type "photos" and select the photo app from the list that pops up. Once that app is open you should be able to see your camera name on the device list. Select it and the photos should load so that you can see them. At this point, choose which ones you want to import. You can also put a shortcut to the app on your home screen so that it's easier next time

When I got the initial barn package quote(shell with no concrete) in 2020, it was under 20k, when I started in 2022 it was just over 31k, I've got over 25k into the shell and I bought quite a few materials cheaper because they weren't thru the company that gave me the quote. With the concrete and the insulation I bought, I'm over 42k on the barn, and over 44k when you calculate all the crushed asphalt.
I still need to order the siding, it's only money, and it's not gaining value, might as well get something while it still has some ;).
Prairie lion? :drinkingcoffee:
Sure lol.
I had forgotten, we also was a chipmunk when we were picking up the logs at the neighbors, probably got 3/4 of a cord. Theres more to pick up and more will be coming next week when he drops the two trees in the front, one one the drive leaning into another. I guess the guy will use his buddied backhoe to support the leaner while cutting it from the bucket truck.
This morning we had a small deer walk across the pond dam(the big berm/backstop in the woods :laugh:.

When I got the initial barn package quote(shell with no concrete) in 2020, it was under 20k, when I started in 2022 it was just over 31k, I've got over 25k into the shell and I bought quite a few materials cheaper because they weren't thru the company that gave me the quote. With the concrete and the insulation I bought, I'm over 42k on the barn, and over 44k when you calculate all the crushed asphalt.
I still need to order the siding, it's only money, and it's not gaining value, might as well get something while it still has some ;).

Sure lol.
I had forgotten, we also was a chipmunk when we were picking up the logs at the neighbors, probably got 3/4 of a cord. Theres more to pick up and more will be coming next week when he drops the two trees in the front, one one the drive leaning into another. I guess the guy will use his buddied backhoe to support the leaner while cutting it from the bucket truck.
This morning we had a small deer walk across the pond dam(the big berm/backstop in the woods :laugh:.
Post Covid mark up 30/50 percent or more 😡😡

I'm almost 100 pages back, I'm not spending the next year catching up, even it Cowboy is willing to.

Went up to my place in WV. A big storm hit and dumped 5 1/2 inches of rain in an hour. Blew down about 15 of my big White Oaks, washed out drives and culverts. It was clear when I got there and set my cell charger on an outside table and forgot about it, till it started raining. Killed the charger. As I was getting ready to head home a snapped a few pics. I rebuilt the cylinder on my old 22 ton splitter and left it up there. Took pics of some deer, one big Oak behind the old trailer, and a pile of wood on the F150. The F150 pic didn't come out. If I take my dump trailer my truck only gets about 9 miles per gallon, @ 125 miles each way. I cleaned out the back of the truck and put about 1/3rd of a cord of green White Oak on it, it averaged over 19 MPG. I'm doing a lot of work there, so I plan on bringing home 1/3 rd to a 1/2 cord every time I go. Here's a couple pics of the White Oak and some furry friends.
AynA7lR.jpg

uljPeEw.jpg

iYfSp9v.jpg

I'm almost 100 pages back, I'm not spending the next year catching up, even it Cowboy is willing to.

Went up to my place in WV. A big storm hit and dumped 5 1/2 inches of rain in an hour. Blew down about 15 of my big White Oaks, washed out drives and culverts. It was clear when I got there and set my cell charger on an outside table and forgot about it, till it started raining. Killed the charger. As I was getting ready to head home a snapped a few pics. I rebuilt the cylinder on my old 22 ton splitter and left it up there. Took pics of some deer, one big Oak behind the old trailer, and a pile of wood on the F150. The F150 pic didn't come out. If I take my dump trailer my truck only gets about 9 miles per gallon, @ 125 miles each way. I cleaned out the back of the truck and put about 1/3rd of a cord of green White Oak on it, it averaged over 19 MPG. I'm doing a lot of work there, so I plan on bringing home 1/3 rd to a 1/2 cord every time I go. Here's a couple pics of the White Oak and some furry friends.
AynA7lR.jpg

uljPeEw.jpg

iYfSp9v.jpg
Sorry to hear about your tree loss.
I can't believe you get 19 mpg with a partial load in your truck. What's it get empty. My Ram 1500 only gets 17 mph empty and that's watching the acceleration.

Fed printing money like there is no tomorrow. Fiat currency will take us down just like every other country that has done it. Keep your powder dry just in case. Carry on, smoke em if u got em.
Monetization of debt is the only “powder” the Fed has left. The fiscal side will keep the masses satisfied with more free things. War will increase the deficit spending ad nauseum all while the working class plebs drown in debt. Just bought another 10k rds of 22lr as my other calibers are well stocked. Got more silver rounds too.

789871BA-ED9C-4E74-BAF6-B64534AA6C59.jpegB2BE87A2-7042-408B-9383-8D71004BAAB3.jpeg

Went to local hardware store (large, local chain) for a couple of axe wedges, to secure a loose head.

They do sell some replacement handles. But no wedges. Sent me to an aisle where they had a few, plastic, felling wedges.

Showed them a photo, on my phone, from Amazon. They just shook their heads.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back