Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivered the Red Oak picnic table I made for my older daughter up in NH and took my younger daughter with me. We had a good visit with my daughter, 2-year-old grandson, and her other half.

Just under 400 miles up and back, my 2019 F-150 eco-boost got over 24 MPG on the meter (so over 23 in real life) despite numerous traffic jams on the way home (smooth sailing going up there). Also, about 6 times I went pedal to the metal and into passing gears to get by slow moving buffoons in the left lane, so I was pleased with the overall #s, they could have been better if I were not impatient! I hate when folks do that! I just love the combo of performance and mileage that 2.7 ltr V-6 bi-turbo provides with the 10-speed tranny. She scoots pretty nicely for a full-size truck!

It was a relatively flat trip, and I just set the cruise at 72 whenever I can.

Delivered the Red Oak picnic table I made for my older daughter up in NH and took my younger daughter with me. We had a good visit with my daughter, 2-year-old grandson, and her other half.

Just under 400 miles up and back, my 2019 F-150 eco-boost got over 24 MPG on the meter (so over 23 in real life) despite numerous traffic jams on the way home (smooth sailing going up there). Also, about 6 times I went pedal to the metal and into passing gears to get by slow moving buffoons in the left lane, so I was pleased with the over #s, they could have been better if I were not impatient! I hate when folks do that! I just love the combo of performance and mileage that 2.7 ltr V-6 bi-turbo provides with the 10-speed tranny. She scoots pretty nicely for a full-size truck!

It was a relatively flat trip, and I just set the cruise at 72 whenever I can.
You're making a compelling argument for me to ditch my expedition and get a newer f-150.... 13 mpg on a good day.

Plug your camera in using the usb cable. In the search window in the task bar, type "photos" and select the photo app from the list that pops up. Once that app is open you should be able to see your camera name on the device list. Select it and the photos should load so that you can see them. At this point, choose which ones you want to import. You can also put a shortcut to the app on your home screen so that it's easier next time

Than k you!! Modern progress is amazing. Back when it was "plug USB cord in, pics appeared on your home screen and in the 'pictures' program. and one could send them anywhere. I guess that was too easy be allowed tocontinue on the new "improvements to windows"

Yeah, bunch of guys I work with have them. Zero complaints. I'm too cheap though.... bet I could do a 4bt swap for half the price of a new truck. Lol.
Honestly, at 52, I've wrenched on enough vehicles. I don't mind keeping up my maintenance, but I'm done laying in the snow and mud all night so I can get up and go to work the next day.
I am curious though, what's a 4bt and what would you swap it into??

Honestly, at 52, I've wrenched on enough vehicles. I don't mind keeping up my maintenance, but I'm done laying in the snow and mud all night so I can get up and go to work the next day.

4BT is a 4 cylinder Cummins motor.
6BTis the in-line 6 Cylinder Cummins.

Both are common Diesel motors to swap into other vehicles.

Ahh. I had a Dodge with a 12valve for a couple years. Definitely got tired of laying under that one.
There’s less electrical to mess around with a 12 valve vs the 24 valve. Simplicity with the early Cummins gives it appeal to swap into whatever platform you desire.

I always have my eyes peeled for a Cummins swapped crew cab square body. Best of both worlds.

At 70 I'm beginning to enter that same camp.

There’s less electrical to mess around with a 12 valve vs the 24 valve. Simplicity with the early Cummins gives it appeal to swap into whatever platform you desire.

I always have my eyes peeled for a Cummins swapped crew cab square body. Best of both worlds.
I have a good buddy with a 1st Gen Dodge with a 12v

He’d get rid of his wife before he parts with that truck.

I love the videos on Facebook of all the 4bt swapped square bodies!! C30 with a 4bt and shifting gears!!!!

Sooooo

By any chance any of you “older fellas” have any older reloading manuals with .32 Win data??

I trust you boys 10,000 times more than the morons on the internet…

I know ya’ll rag on @Sawyer Rob but I bet that guy knows a good load for it

He knows a LOT, just comes across a bit rough to some
But the dude does have a bit of knowledge and does do some cool woodworking stuff

Ya know I’m a big boss man at a CHEVROLET dealership ya know….

That hurts!!

Imagine that, grow up in a family that preaches FE Ford Big Block Power and I end up working for the bow tie brand 🤣
Only ford i want is 70's f series 300 I6 4spd 4x4. keep your big block FE they got torque on the lower end and it works in a wood hauler.

Sooooo

By any chance any of you “older fellas” have any older reloading manuals with .32 Win data??

I trust you boys 10,000 times more than the morons on the internet…

I know ya’ll rag on @Sawyer Rob but I bet that guy knows a good load for it

He knows a LOT, just comes across a bit rough to some
But the dude does have a bit of knowledge and does do some cool woodworking stuff
I resemble that... at least in the reloading category.😉 Come January it will be 50 years since I started reloading... haven't done the 32 Win though.

Keeping in mind that the powders, bullets, and acceptable pressures of 32-50 years ago differ from those today, exercise good reloading judgement and start light and work up (at your own risk!).

1973 Hornady
1979 Speer
1991 Hornady
File names indicate the manufacturer (H or S), year, text vs. load (T or L).
H73L.gif

H73T.gif

H91L.gif

H91T.gif

S79L.gif

S79T.gif

Back