Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shucks. I've got abut 9-10 cord of rounds to split. Black Diamond splitter has always been a reliable starter in summer and a b....to start in winter. It would fire but not run until many repeat pulls. Out today temps about 30 and can't get a pop out of it. Briggs engine. I'm about to go buy another splitter. Almost certainly if I could find one with a Honda engine. Any one know of one?

Alternate is take it to my fix it guy and have him change the motor to a Honda.

Well shucks. I've got abut 9-10 cord of rounds to split. Black Diamond splitter has always been a reliable starter in summer and a b....to start in winter. It would fire but not run until many repeat pulls. Out today temps about 30 and can't get a pop out of it. Briggs engine. I'm about to go buy another splitter. Almost certainly if I could find one with a Honda engine. Any one know of one?

I have a B&S engine on a riding mower. It starts fine in the Summer. But in the Winter it won't start unless I use starting fluid or gas down the air intake. Someone told me the choke needs to be reset for Winter. Never messed with it. Don't know if it's the same thing.

Been at my mountain place three weeks as of today, trying to get things done before the snow runs me off. I’m going to stay at least another ten days, we’ll see what the weather does.

Took these to the store today. They’ll cover it, then split and sell in the spring.

2874699B-0147-4684-BA17-544D597B628E.jpeg83DA8F4C-1CC8-4C09-870B-C7AB43449851.jpeg

Go to harbor freight and get one of the predator engines. Best bang for your buck and just as reliable as a Honda.
Certainly got your money's worth out of that chain. Whats the bar look like?

1500 - 1800 sq ft hse down here, archt 25 yr shingles... $12/14K +/-....
My sons are doing the roof with my guidance… drip edge, vent flashings, a couple fan vents, and ice and water barrier will be the outlay for this project. I had coil nails, nails, and cobra vent, and my brother left behind plenty of shingles. Leveraging what we’ve got!

Schumacher makes a nice digital 12-v charger for any position. 110-v. i really like it and use it all the time up at the ranch. lead shortening a breeze for anyone adept with a solder gun, etc... unit is about 4x6 or 5x7ish...

the co has gone stylish on their current units. mine is similar to this one

View attachment 1123240
this sc1300 onboard battery charger mite do the trick
View attachment 1123241
I’ve got a good charger but was looking to an easier hookup without raising the hood. This so my mother can handle it when I’m not available.

I have a B&S engine on a riding mower. It starts fine in the Summer. But in the Winter it won't start unless I use starting fluid or gas down the air intake. Someone told me the choke needs to be reset for Winter. Never messed with it. Don't know if it's the same thing.
I had trouble with a B&S engine. Rough run, terrible idle, hard to start... Turned out to be a leaking plastic intake tube. Runs across the top of the motor.. I put an oversized o-ring on it.. Been that way for two years now. Starts on the first pull, runs as intended. I was less than happy when searching for the replacement part that was un-available.. My replacement was going to be a Honda, haven't needed it.....yet. If that helps..

Back