Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never read that in the constitution or any of the amendments...

To all the patriots out there.

View attachment 1142038

The fricken liars!

And don't forget, fight, fight fight!
Unfortunately it is in many State Laws and i think on the Federal form for gun purchases. Probably why Hunter Biden threw his illegally purchased pistol away.

Sounds like me with my snowblower last year. I used it once over at the farm to do the sidewalks. I just fired it up and it is right inside the barn door itching to blow snow. My Fisher plow is on my truck. Next thing after lunch is to take off the chipper on the tractor and put the grader blade and chains on it.
The snow started at my house a bit after 6 PM this evening. I left Putnam County around 4:45 PM and NYSDOT had an army of salt trucks staged on I-84 from the Brewster area to not far from the Newburgh-Beacon bridge. The NYS Thruway was brined. There were illuminated signs on 84 west bound mentioning bans on trucks in various conditions in PA (empty trailers, double-wide (modular homes??)). Seems folks believe a storm is coming!

P.S. We brought enough firewood inside to last about 3 days before I left Putnam!

Repurposed an old door . Now I need to figure out what to do with the off plumb wall . This area behind the cabinet will be for cutting boards and cookie sheets View attachment 1141959View attachment 1141960View attachment 1141962View attachment 1141963View attachment 1141964
I've use an 8 lb persuader to plumb wall framing where the opportunity existed. I've also used a scrub plane and shims to straighten out wall framing... You could plumb one side of the wall with tapered shims and re-rock it too. How you deal with it depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it... I tend to weigh the time and effort of working with everything attached to crocked framing against the time and effort of fixing the framing. With the limited information I can glean from the photos scribing a filler strip is in your future...

I've use an 8 lb persuader to plumb wall framing where the opportunity existed. I've also used a scrub plane and shims to straighten out wall framing... You could plumb one side of the wall with tapered shims and re-rock it too. How you deal with it depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it... I tend to weigh the time and effort of working with everything attached to crocked framing against the time and effort of fixing the framing. With the limited information I can glean from the photos scribing a filler strip is in your future...
Not going to move the cabinet and disconnect the rangetop to plumb the wall . Iā€™m just going to fudge it in with a piece of molding . I should have checked it before I did the work

Been snowing since 4 here . Not a lot of accumulation as of yet . Seasons wood is always in the basementView attachment 1142058View attachment 1142057
We stored the wood in the basement too at my parents' house... A friend of mine did the same. We both ended up with carpenter ants getting into the sill, joists and walls so that was the end of that... We only bring in a day or two worth of wood now unless there is a chance the power could go out.

We stored the wood in the basement too at my parents' house... A friend of mine did the same. We both ended up with carpenter ants getting into the sill, joists and walls so that was the end of that... We only bring in a day or two worth of wood now unless there is a chance the power could go out.
Never had ants or other insects except spiders in the past 10 years . One year we had spiders out the arse .

I keep getting fraudulent McAfee pop-ups when I'm on this... claiming my subscription is expired, trying to get me to run a scan.... Anyone else running into this?
Sounds like you have some sort of malware on you computer. Could be a simple as resetting you browser, but I would run a full scan with your AV software also.

20240103_165425-jpg.1141788

The local tackle shop hired me to build some custom fly and soft plastic displays. It's been a busy couple weeks between the day job and family events over the holidays and this project. Thankful for a couple weeks off before the next project so I can do some ice fishing and maybe scrounge the odd deadfall on the way in to the camp.
20240103_165425.jpg20231230_123617.jpg20231231_180153.jpg20240105_143309.jpg 20230407_191211.jpg

Sounds like you have some sort of malware on you computer. Could be a simple as resetting you browser, but I would run a full scan with your AV software also.
I've run all kinds of stuff against my PC.... including my current subscription McAfee and nothing is found...

Then it is in your browser. What do you use?
Just spent about 2 hours running various antivirus and system utilities against the machine... Gave it a good clean up. Let's see what happens! Tired of messing with computers. It was fun playing with IBM 360s 50 years ago when I was in HS and with the early PCs... even taught CIS/MIS and Business related college courses back in the day. Now... just want the stuff to work!

I've only have problems on this site which made me suspicious about the ads/popups. SADLY, the McAfee site advisor just alerted me to problems on this site... This while I was typing this comment!

Back