Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes to gardening, I have been cursed with a black thumb. Thankfully, if I don't tamper with my wifes efforts then we do alright. We usually put in lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. All the makings for a good sandwich (add bacon as needed).
anyone... i say, anyone... can become an overnite Master Gardner with ease. just read and apply! bullet-proof!!

1704652123815.png
by D.ick Raymond ~

Amazon or local library

Snow's garbage....
not fresh n deep like i ski in the back bowls at Vail... 🤩
1704652381096.png

'where's BL?" 'oh... here he comes....'

but that icy, melted, refroze 💩 we had to drive thru, over, slide and around to get up there one year sure and ^%$*&! is!

People use horse crap, cow crap, chicken crap, pig crap and all other kinds of crap in their gardens for fertilizer.
historically, in times past... all TMI comments used as fertilizers.... and one source quite up on the subject stated in one issue of their publication... direct from some ag related university profs...

ferts types/source matter not, as plant can only them in one condition. quantity can matter, though!

however, i insist my pups do not get a leg up on my garden!!! lol 🚫

When it comes to gardening, I have been cursed with a black thumb. Thankfully, if I don't tamper with my wifes efforts then we do alright. We usually put in lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. All the makings for a good sandwich (add bacon as needed).
When my kids were little I took out my 800 square foot raised bed garden so there was a good flat and fenced area for them top play. After they grew up I put a vegetable garden back in. This time it was in frames and had about 120 square feet of planting area. I got compost from the municipality and completely filled the 18" deep beds. Over time as the compost broke down I added more compost from my own pile... which I've had for 28-30 years. It's been easy to maintain and being all compost it feeds the plants well and holds just the right amount of moisture. I gave my son one of the frames this past year and have about 90 sq feet left. I primarily plant stuff for chili... various types of peppers and tomatoes. One whole bed is for green beans... they keep well in the freezer. That is a whole lot different from 25 years ago when I had 20+ different things in the garden. Keeping it simple now...

When my kids were little I took out my 800 square foot raised bed garden so there was a good flat and fenced area for them top play. After they grew up I put a vegetable garden back in. This time it was in frames and had about 120 square feet of planting area. I got compost from the municipality and completely filled the 18" deep beds. Over time as the compost broke down I added more compost from my own pile... which I've had for 28-30 years. It's been easy to maintain and being all compost it feeds the plants well and holds just the right amount of moisture. I gave my son one of the frames this past year and have about 90 sq feet left. I primarily plant stuff for chili... various types of peppers and tomatoes. One whole bed is for green beans... they keep well in the freezer. That is a whole lot different from 25 years ago when I had 20+ different things in the garden. Keeping it simple now...
i have been gardening so long all my remaining beds very friable. mostly just use garden fork to turn.

my poor TB Horse... more less like the appliance repairman with no service calls coming in... lol

recently, turned by garden fork...
P1010006.JPG

I don't know about you guys, but I encounter vines very often when I'm out with the saws. I've had some hair raising experiences with them.... This story by Cotontop about Nuts319 on YouTube will lead me to be even more careful...

I've had some fun/interesting experiences with vines myself :oops: .
I heard about Pete, thanks for the video, I was hoping someone would share about it.

Speaking of safety...

Back