Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......yeah, but what's it made outta... 🤨

Lol.

Pig parts. Mostly pork shoulder, I think.

The History of Spam

Spam was created in Minnesota by Hormel Foods in 1937. The early 20th century saw a surge of advancement in food preservation, with calamities such as World War I and the Great Depression heightening the need for affordable, accessible, shelf-stable food — especially protein.
"Refrigeration, conveyor lines and other industrialization practices allowed more centralized processing of livestock, and 'meat packing' in cities like Kansas City and Chicago," says Lora Vogt, Curator of Education and Interpretation at the National WWI Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri. "With efficiencies in supply, companies could more readily, and on a large-scale, canned meat — among other forms of production like curing."
At that time, despite its quality, pork shoulder was an inexpensive cut of meat. With Spam, Hormel seized the opportunity to create a quality canned good for consumers that could be utilized on any given night.
"They were looking for a way to create a food item that was both a versatile and affordable protein option for families," Lillis says.
It wasn't until World War II, however, that Spam became known on a global scale. Hormel sent more than 100 million pounds of food around the world to help feed troops — that's a lot of Spam. "As Spam was sent to those regions, there was almost an inherent indoctrination into the local cuisine and local culture," Lillis says. This was especially true in Eastern Asia and the Pacific; the Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, and, of course, Hawaii, all adapted Spam into their foodways.
Today, Spam fans can immerse themselves in the history and lore of their beloved meat product at the Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota. And for serious Spam devotees, there are more than a dozen different Spam flavors for you to track down and try, including teriyaki, jalapeño, and hickory smoke.

Pig parts. Mostly pork shoulder, I think.

The History of Spam

Spam was created in Minnesota by Hormel Foods in 1937. The early 20th century saw a surge of advancement in food preservation, with calamities such as World War I and the Great Depression heightening the need for affordable, accessible, shelf-stable food — especially protein.
"Refrigeration, conveyor lines and other industrialization practices allowed more centralized processing of livestock, and 'meat packing' in cities like Kansas City and Chicago," says Lora Vogt, Curator of Education and Interpretation at the National WWI Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, Missouri. "With efficiencies in supply, companies could more readily, and on a large-scale, canned meat — among other forms of production like curing."
At that time, despite its quality, pork shoulder was an inexpensive cut of meat. With Spam, Hormel seized the opportunity to create a quality canned good for consumers that could be utilized on any given night.
"They were looking for a way to create a food item that was both a versatile and affordable protein option for families," Lillis says.
It wasn't until World War II, however, that Spam became known on a global scale. Hormel sent more than 100 million pounds of food around the world to help feed troops — that's a lot of Spam. "As Spam was sent to those regions, there was almost an inherent indoctrination into the local cuisine and local culture," Lillis says. This was especially true in Eastern Asia and the Pacific; the Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, and, of course, Hawaii, all adapted Spam into their foodways.
Today, Spam fans can immerse themselves in the history and lore of their beloved meat product at the Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota. And for serious Spam devotees, there are more than a dozen different Spam flavors for you to track down and try, including teriyaki, jalapeño, and hickory smoke.
So does Hormel send out all those spam emails too?:badpc:

Fresh out of the bread maker (after I replaced the belts)
KIMG5638.JPG
Made with real maple syrup and walnuts Yum!
Pepper has a dog door and free run, but the 16" of snow was too much, so I had to snowshoe a path down to the neighbors.
KIMG5623.JPG
She "visits the couch" over there at least twice a day.
pepper.jpg

maybe scrounge related.
KIMG5639.JPG
just thinking about the spikes. Yea or Nay?

View attachment 1145923
Pepper has a dog door and free run, but the 16" of snow was too much, so I had to snowshoe a path down to the neighbors.
View attachment 1145925
View attachment 1145926

maybe scrounge related.
View attachment 1145927
Bread looks 👌

Red saw dawgs look silly....imo.

View attachment 1145923
View attachment 1145925
View attachment 1145926

maybe scrounge related.
View attachment 1145927
I think you should wait and get some cast iron spikes. :yes:

View attachment 1145923
View attachment 1145925
View attachment 1145926

maybe scrounge related.
View attachment 1145927

I really like the big spikes for deciduous trees with a very wide ground flare. There is almost nothing worse than trying to get a ground level cut on a big silver maple. Now if you are just dropping some trees in the woods, it makes the cuts a pinch easier, but subtracts a bit too much from the bar length.

The big spikes are mighty helpful if you like Humboldt face cuts, too.

SS, I sent a tech home in one of my used cars so he could get the OBDII monitors to run. Someone tried to pass the plow truck and hit him head on, he’ll probably be disabled for life. This happened two weeks ago. He was 61, way to force him into “retirement”. Poor guy said, he saw the plow truck then woke up to the EMT’s trying to get him to come toimage000001.jpegimage000000.jpegimage000000.jpeg

I’m really blessed, Paul Healey is an easy going guy, didn’t give two craps’ about the car

Was more worried about Mike

Paul may be a super good businessman, but he is a better person

I was worried I was gonna have to answer why I had him out driving one of his cars
That situation sucks all the way around.
I'll be praying for him every time someone passes me for a while.

That situation sucks all the way around.
I'll be praying for him every time someone passes me for a while.
Yeah, broken arm, leg and three ribs

Big old bruise on his head

The plow operator stopped. Told him, the Trax rolled due to the impact

The Trax is our smallest SUV, it’s a testament to crush zones and all the dang airbags they stuff in these cars!

Latest posts

Back