Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've split 24 inch logs on mine. I have a tractor mounted hydraulic splitter for real knotty wood like that. I would prefer splitting wood that splits easy versus **** like that.
**** like that is wood that I don't send to my sawmill and it makes an amazing amount of really GREAT splits!

SR

Put a 272xp kit on it and base gasket delete with a modified muffler.
Jim, I’m gonna be knee deep

Maybe I’ll get to it one day…

If you guys had a choice between resurrecting a 372 chassis or 272 chassis, which would it be??

I also need to figure out this 550 case

I figured, take the two 562’s and make one and then what to do with the 550?

What to do with the piles of 372 stuff

What to do with the echo 355’s?

The Stihls my uncle can have

The 272 should be an easy fix

But first, I need to reassemble the 262xp of mine. That was a fine running saw and deserves to live again

If you guys had a choice between resurrecting a 372 chassis or 272 chassis, which would it be??

But first, I need to reassemble the 262xp of mine. That was a fine running saw and deserves to live again
Just send it all to me. Problem solved. I can send you a label 😀

I cu

I would cut that leg off first then split it up instead of trying to manhandle it.
There wasn't any manhandling going on, it slid right onto the splitters beam right off my trailer using a board, that's how we always do it, I never lift heavy rounds...

easy peasy...;;and the best part is, the splits go right off the end of the splitter! Sometimes I let them go right into my "self unloading" trailer, so I don't have to keep handling the splits,

IMG-3077-S.jpg

they drop right by the basement window, so it's easy to push them down into the basement.

SR

There wasn't any manhandling going on, it slid right onto the splitters beam right off my trailer using a board, that's how we always do it, I never lift heavy rounds...

easy peasy...;;and the best part is, the splits go right off the end of the splitter! Sometimes I let them go right into my "self unloading" trailer, so I don't have to keep handling the splits,

IMG-3077-S.jpg

they drop right by the basement window, so it's easy to push them down into the basement.

SR
That’s cheating…

I'd rather the 372 over the 272, but thats just me being a 372 snob.

I love those 2 series but 372 hands down as far as what to fix first. More powerful, more refined saw.

Check those 562’s to see if they are the same version. Also I believe the later builds had different tuning? So might want to try to repair the later model?

Maybe do a package deal for the 355’s on here? Pass along the project?

So I’ve been doing these “skillet of goodies” for quite some time and donate them to local area fundraisers. I’ve tried to make a list and I think I’m up to 26 donated so far.

The little basket on the right was a way to package up and donate several smaller pieces of iron. Like anything else, small iron is very plentiful and the larger pieces get exponentially more expensive.

I’ll do different themes and the “fish fry” themed skillets are really a hit. I’ll also put some alcohol in there for fundraisers in 21+ establishments.

IMG_6474.jpeg

Is that about resetting everything ? Oil life, key fobs, idle info, who knows what else ?
I've heard of that overcharging thang before, still sounds flat out stupid to me. So is it a computer or the battery ? My battery talks to my computer constantly,, unless they aren't speaking.

I've split 24 inch logs on mine. I have a tractor mounted hydraulic splitter for real knotty wood like that. I would prefer splitting wood that splits easy versus **** like that.
That's my take. If I get desperate I'd bring that stuff home but I ain't been that desperate in 30 years. Some guys don't mind it tho or just aren't blessed with an abundance. I am definitely blessed with ample good trees. I currently have no less that a dozen waiting plus two large properties that were recently logged where I could cut all I want.

I love those 2 series but 372 hands down as far as what to fix first. More powerful, more refined saw.

Check those 562’s to see if they are the same version. Also I believe the later builds had different tuning? So might want to try to repair the later model?

Maybe do a package deal for the 355’s on here? Pass along the project?
Later cases had an update to 6 bolts (2016 I think) the "programming" was a revolving door of updates as well as the ignition moduel a few times and a pile of different carbs. In 2020 (may have been 21 or 22 cant remember exactly) There was a nice air filter update, much better imo then the old style filter. Husqy even offered a retrofit kit for older style saws. Fuel lines were updated a few times as well as the bearings, and the hole in the top cover. (Which was easy to do in the old style cover.)

Back