Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mis Larry. Often think of him when I see an Oklahoma license plate, a tall ladder on a house, or a stuck tractor.

They canceled their membership/account here.
There most likely on opeforum if it who I'm thinking of. I can also relay a phone number to him if you'd like.

Mis Larry. Often think of him when I see an Oklahoma license plate, a tall ladder on a house, or a stuck tractor.

There most likely on opeforum if it who I'm thinking of. I can also relay a phone number to him if you'd like.
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it didn't mean they moved on, permanently, know what I mean?

I'm adopted, and finding new relatives all the time :laugh: .
Of your basement looks like something from.a discovery Channel show, we're probably related 😄.
It used to but I've been on a clean out mission... sell, give away, throw away... tonnage. Freecycle, Nextdoor and Craigslist are my friends. My sons have gotten tools, outdoor power equipment, sportsman's equipment, furniture, household items... I'm ramping up for doing the same at my parents' properties. It's liberating to not have the clutter! 😃

I'll have to check the family tree. Didn't know I had relatives in WISCONSIN.:surprised3:
Me either...
Of your basement looks like something from.a discovery Channel show, we're probably related 😄.
Nothing wrong with saving money and selling stuff for as much as possible. I factor in time when I'm selling/buying stuff. My only day to work on stuff like that is Saturday and about 1 hr after the kids are in bed during the week. My time is valuable so I hate dealing with tire kickers and low ballers when selling and when I'm buying something I'll give a number that I'll pay and that's it, I hate negotiation.

Here's a story about local buyers. I was selling a radial arm saw for $100. A guys tells me he's interested and wants to see it. So he comes by and starts measuring it and looking it over really closely. I thought, good he's going to buy it. After 15 minutes he said goodbye and leaves. Turns out he just needed to measure it so he could drive a hour away to pick up a free one! That irritated me! :buttkick:

Pulled the heat booster shell from the wood burner in the shop.😎View attachment 1165943
Fill that bad boy with some auto-trans fluid, it will "convert" that woodstove into a jet engine 🤣.
Unless you plan on reusing it on the truck now that it's all cleaned out lol.
Nothing wrong with saving money and selling stuff for as much as possible. I factor in time when I'm selling/buying stuff. My only day to work on stuff like that is Saturday and about 1 hr after the kids are in bed during the week. My time is valuable so I hate dealing with tire kickers and low ballers when selling and when I'm buying something I'll give a number that I'll pay and that's it, I hate negotiation.

Here's a story about local buyers. I was selling a radial arm saw for $100. A guys tells me he's interested and wants to see it. So he comes by and starts measuring it and looking it over really closely. I thought, good he's going to buy it. After 15 minutes he said goodbye and leaves. Turns out he just needed to measure it so he could drive a hour away to pick up a free one! That irritated me! :buttkick:
I could tell some stories for sure.
I'm still waiting on the chainsaw teardown guy to send me a message back. My message was simply why. Yrs ago I had guys wanting to buy specific saws from me and something seemed odd, started checking into them they were going to use them to start making AM parts in China, you know what I said...and it wasn't "I love Chiina" ;).

It used to but I've been on a clean out mission... sell, give away, throw away... tonnage. Freecycle, Nextdoor and Craigslist are my friends. My sons have gotten tools, outdoor power equipment, sportsman's equipment, furniture, household items... I'm ramping up doing the same at my parents' properties. It's liberating to not have the clutter! 😃
As I move everything from the basement to the barn I'll do a bit of downsizing on some items, then supersizing others lol. I had been saying that when the time came to build the barn that I would sell a bunch of saws, most didn't believe me, about 10k of the initial cost was paid for by saws :happy: .
One step back, two forward. Or as the actor Neil armstrong read the script, that's one small step...
Except mine really happened ;).
Question for you astronaut guys, who was the first man on the moon.

oakleaves-S.jpg

SR
That’s interesting, I’ve been calling Pin, Piss oak and Black - red oak all these years

Someone was asking questions about an old Lickity Split splitter. Super 3 helped me with mine. I went back 10-15 years before I found his post. The most recent one with the line through it was Modifiedmark. That surprised me because I know I had seen it recently. Turns out I've been seeing him on HOH.

I have friends who own small businesses.... It's become common for people to come in and check out products, ask questions, and then "get it cheaper on-line."

Someone was asking questions about an old Lickity Split splitter. Super 3 helped me with mine. I went back 10-15 years before I found his post. The most recent one with the line through it was Modifiedmark. That surprised me because I know I had seen it recently. Turns out I've been seeing him on HOH.
Don't know that three letter agency 🤔.

They do indeed exist. Parts are unobtainium. I have one that runs great but the oiler gear is stripped. Never found one.
I'll bet they use whatever they use in the Craftsman chainsaws. Troy Built is owned by MTD. MTD is owned by Stanley Black and Decker. SBD owns Craftsman. Only chainsaws made out of that group are the TBs and Craftsman.

That’s interesting, I’ve been calling Pin, Piss oak and Black - red oak all these years
There are many Oaks in the Red Oak family, and when I try to research the leaves, every site gives me a different picture!

Generally, White Oak have rounded points, and Red Oak sharp points, but other than that, there is a LOT of confusion.

If your basement looks like something from.a discovery Channel show, we're probably related 😄.
Dam, I guess I qualify...

Attachments

• 20240330_191432.jpg
    20240330_191432.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I got my quote back for all the metal, trim, screws etc for the shop. $4900.00 and some change.(that includes some tin for the patio roof too.) Going to pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday.
Figured the lean to will cost another $1k in lumber. My brother is getting me a quote in the steel for the door/door frame. He guessed it would be under $400.00. Just leaves some hinges, conduit, load or two of stone and time. Going to focus on the roof first, then walls. The lean to will be last on the list. I guess I'll have to stop and make some time to tear the roof off my current wood shed. The roof rafters are rough cut 2"x10"x 12' white oak. Since I have to take it down as per the township, I may as well reused the wood. I didn't factor any of that into the lean to, so it should save me a bit of money.
The wire I ordered showed up the other day. So I need to get a ditch dug and get some conduit in the ground, but I'm not worried about that till after I have the roof and sides on. Super excited right now. I have a 4 day weekend next weekend, so I hope to make some good progress.

Latest posts

Back