Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrounged a couple of cords of ash (mostly) in 20' log form along with the truck and trailer. I get to keep the wood, but the delivery combo has to go back to the father in law. There are probably 4 or 5 more piles of logs equal in size waiting on me though. That ought to be close to an entire season's worth. :clap:P1050765.JPG P1050766.JPG

jr27236, there is 12" of ash in the bottom too. I wanted to empty the bin so I could refill it, then I forgot to refill it. That'll be enough wood for about 2 days anyway.
What kind of stove is that? Can you post a picture of the entire unit? I have an Earth Stove, wood dragon.

Great pics Cowboy and Tenderfoot !
Cantoo , the MF1020 had some bent 3pt arms when I got it , I sent it to a local fab shop to straighten , cost me 65$ to fix both arms .Surprising how little tractors can bend a stout piece of steel .
Yup , 900 pages of good info and great pics !

thought youse guys wood get a laugh out of this pic from C/L for seasoned firewood.the piece with the green leaf on it caught my eye right away.:crazy2:
00I0I_2Jng74FwXH_600x450.jpg

Yesterday's work. All the logs are split and after the truck comes back from the shop it will be time for more scrounging. I must say I'm getting better at minimizing the junk that gets thrown in the woods.
4c4df8755d4d03916a3f272183d69dbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say you have minimized. When I split that amount of wood I have about 4 times that much "compost material" to return to the woods. Hey, bugs have to eat too. LOL

Despite my moniker, C&W is not really my thing but your trusty steed did remind me of this one...

Oh man you made me laugh out loud!!!!

I have a 16-month old little girl (daddy's Angel), and she loves to ride in my truck.... well I don't like taking her out in this crazy ass world, but I do.... well sure enough we went to the store the other day and RIGHT in front of the main entry doors to meijer (huge grocery store), my damn muffler falls off of ol red, and just makes a horrible grinding noise!!!!... well I always have leather gloves in the truck, so I tell my little one, daddy be right back...now as I am cussing something serious under my breath, I get under the truck that's right infront of the store....now with people watching me I proceed to violently yank the 6-8 foot rusted off muffler out from under the truck!!!!!

I laugh about it now, but I was NOT HAPPY at the time...if the kid wasn't with me it would have been even more of a show for people to watch!!!:angry:

Oh man you made me laugh out loud!!!!

I have a 16-month old little girl (daddy's Angel), and she loves to ride in my truck.... well I don't like taking her out in this crazy ass world, but I do.... well sure enough we went to the store the other day and RIGHT in front of the main entry doors to meijer (huge grocery store), my damn muffler falls off of ol red, and just makes a horrible grinding noise!!!!... well I always have leather gloves in the truck, so I tell my little one, daddy be right back...now as I am cussing something serious under my breath, I get under the truck that's right infront of the store....now with people watching me I proceed to violently yank the 6-8 foot rusted off muffler out from under the truck!!!!!

I laugh about it now, but I was NOT HAPPY at the time...if the kid wasn't with me it would have been even more of a show for people to watch!!!:angry:
this is an "HONEST PIECE OF LIFE" ... WELL SAID AND DONE!

Great pics Cowboy and Tenderfoot !
Cantoo , the MF1020 had some bent 3pt arms when I got it , I sent it to a local fab shop to straighten , cost me 65$ to fix both arms .Surprising how little tractors can bend a stout piece of steel .
Yup , 900 pages of good info and great pics !
Thanks mate! And yeah them tractors are some torquey things with lots of gearing and lots of weight. My buddy has a 35 hp massey that weighs almost 6k lbs!
thought youse guys wood get a laugh out of this pic from C/L for seasoned firewood.the piece with the green leaf on it caught my eye right away.:crazy2:
00I0I_2Jng74FwXH_600x450.jpg
Its seasoned if you count that it is left out in a season. That stuff pisses me off. I did a delivery today where someone thought my wood was green since it was not greyed. Split it down the middle and hit it with a moisture meter. 18% moisture and I calibrated it on the spot. My piles are getting so big the stuff in the center doesn't get any sun.

Been selling this kind of load for $150. Just about a half a cord. Shockingly still $50 cheaper then my competition. SOB's charge too much. It has been fun having a second saw now. The 576 pulls a 28 real nice I think. I am impressed by it. The thing seems to do better the bigger a bar you put on it. But the TSB lightweight feels like a wet noodle compared to my Cannon superbar. It is shockingly lighter for being four inches longer. If it wears like the cannon Ill be set for a while. The Cannon has wore out 4 chains(!) and the tail still looks like my brand new Oregon pro-match I keep as a backup. Dollar for dollar I do think the TSB was the best value. Not a lot more then the Oregon and feels like a far superior, harder wearing bar. Got it from POE. Them guys ship fast too. Probably going to do business with them again.

Attachments

• DSC_0623.JPG
    DSC_0623.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0424.JPG
    DSC_0424.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
576 XPW. Got a stock top end and muffler, but played with the carb some. Does all right. Really impresses me with a big bar. Its got a small tank but at the end of the day it burns not a lot of fuel.
I KNEW IT!!! Lol. All you guys are flashing those 576xp's because I have one downstairs on the operating table for weeks now! Lol
I need to just throw the top end back on, but had a question about the piston I received, but that's another thread. NICE SAW!!!

I KNEW IT!!! Lol. All you guys are flashing those 576xp's because I have one downstairs on the operating table for weeks now! Lol
I need to just throw the top end back on, but had a question about the piston I received, but that's another thread. NICE SAW!!!
I have had it for a few years now. Its a good saw for what it is. They are a grunty saw vs. a rev happy one. With a 20 they really do not impress. They wake up with a 24 but really impress me with a 28.

Back