Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot and dry here, few fires around and stage 1 fire restrictions on so wanted to scrounge some high elevation lodge pole pine before they close the woods to firewood cuttingDBFCFBB2-64BB-4EED-92CE-5A2D84B32135.jpegNice and cool early in the morning, about 45* at 6 am here.7B9D11AF-A967-4850-9BCA-4D5DF6827BA4.jpegNot a huge load but just right for me and the ole ford.0452E4E3-2417-45A3-B0AB-37F0386B42D4.jpegFound this isulator for the old phone line after I cut the block, thankfully I missed it with the saw:omg:. This stuff is very dense, heavier than some of the red fir in this areaD5A47796-F9DA-4F77-B331-FF47672CAF27.jpeg

Attachments

• 4BFB6B32-00AB-4245-BBEB-33E856CCADCC.jpeg
    4BFB6B32-00AB-4245-BBEB-33E856CCADCC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
If you hand her a fone she can take her own selfies
I had a pet raccoon when I was about 20. Her name was Annie, one of the best pets I ever had. Found her in the hollow of a big tree we took down. The mother came back and got the other Kits and left her. Her eyes weren't open yet. I bottle fed her, and kept her for about 2 years then let her go. She would come back every couple months for another year or so.

I know this is not the place but I lost my wife this week after 24 years of marriage. May she rest in peace.

Friend, I am very sorry for your loss. My family has had many people pass away in the last 2 years and I found some comfort in the following words. I hope it gives you some in this time of great need.

What is dying?
I am standing on the seashore.
A ship sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.
She is an object and I stand watching her
Till at last she fades from the horizon,
And someone at my side says, “She is gone!” Gone where?
Gone from my sight, that is all;
She is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as she was when I saw her,
And just as able to bear her load of living freight to its destination.
The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not in her;
And just at the moment when someone at my side says, “She is gone”,
There are others who are watching her coming,
And other voices take up a glad shout,
“There she comes” – and that is dying. -Bishop Charles Henry Brent

20180812_205257.jpg Picked up 2 loads like this from my local senior citizen (forgot to take pics until the second load was mostly of the truck.) He's in his mid 70's and maintains 10 wooded acres. He loves cutting and stacks the rounds all over but mostly close to the trail you can drive a truck to.

Hot and dry here, few fires around and stage 1 fire restrictions on so wanted to scrounge some high elevation lodge pole pine before they close the woods to firewood cuttingView attachment 668406Nice and cool early in the morning, about 45* at 6 am here.View attachment 668405Not a huge load but just right for me and the ole ford.View attachment 668407Found this isulator for the old phone line after I cut the block, thankfully I missed it with the saw:omg:. This stuff is very dense, heavier than some of the red fir in this areaView attachment 668404
To me I always love you pics because is so different to where I live.
Regarding the insulators, take another look are you sure it’s not a pair of old school ceramic ear muffs from the 70s;)

Back