Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I could bear to lose a dog, I love dogs but I've never had one. I find it hard enough losing cats.

My brother had a dog, died 2 years ago at about 14 and hasn't got another one yet. Junior was a funny dog, loved to fetch but wanted maximum retrievals for minimum effort so if there was a group of people he would always bring the ball back to the smallest human because they couldn't throw it as far.
SMART DOG

oh man.

so sorry to hear. glad you got to be with her before she passed as I bet she was waiting for you.

I lost the best dog I ever had on December 31st. 2 days before my birthday. Still cant talk about her around the house. really gets us all going. you know when a dog is "the dog" , a friend like no other. 14 years with her.

god bless.View attachment 1090619View attachment 1090620
Yeah right, like you were born on December 33rd! 😂

PXL_20230615_213719475.jpgPXL_20230615_213839812.jpg
Took advantage of it not being hot and ran some fuel through the 460 before this wood rots. It's up off the ground mostly but it's been there a couple years. Mostly ash and some hefty maple chunks and some almost punky poplar I hauled off for a friend. Goal is to clean it all up, assess and not scrounge until next year or the year after....just do .. other stuff.

Had a hectic night, got home to find my Sheppard acting weird, barley came out of the house to greet me. Ran her into my wife's work and basically hit a wall. Did what we could to make her comfortable and let her go. Best guess is she had cancer or a tumor and it ruptured. Whatever it was happened in under 8 hours. She was fine when I left for work, kids said she was acting tired when they got home and by the time I got home she was real bad. Think my daughter is taking it harder then I am.
May she rest in peace.. And your family heal.. Try to remember the good times.

Had a hectic night, got home to find my Sheppard acting weird, barley came out of the house to greet me. Ran her into my wife's work and basically hit a wall. Did what we could to make her comfortable and let her go. Best guess is she had cancer or a tumor and it ruptured. Whatever it was happened in under 8 hours. She was fine when I left for work, kids said she was acting tired when they got home and by the time I got home she was real bad. Think my daughter is taking it harder then I am.
So sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put our Lab down almost two years ago now and I still think about her.

As a serious collector of all things Coleman, i will agree, that is a nice one. Does it have the small plastic tray for the upper level flange?
No didn’t get a tray with it . The cooler wasn’t used much the plug is still attached and in perfect condition

Sorry Sean. 😔 I'm a dog man myself. Always have one with me.

Back