Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back at the slope today. My dad got my daughter hooked

Oddly enough, he was up in my county today and I was in his skiing. He got the kids and me free passes and free rentals where he teaches so I always take advantage of that deal

Uncle Mustang, I did happen to run into this young snowboard instructor you may know….

His one grandson is also an instructor thereView attachment 1144410View attachment 1144408View attachment 1144409
Looks like a lot of fun!👍

G'day fellers,

It's day 2 of Cowboy trying to live on his own.

20240115_192708.jpg

20 minutes in the Traeger with Super Smoke on then a couple of minutes either side on the BBQ

20240115_195729.jpg

I guess I'm surviving, but only just.

20240115_195725.jpg

I do have my personal food taster which is a plus. Now that's focus!

20240115_200026.jpg

Hand over the porterhouse, buddy...

:laugh:

Then since I was already in the toilet pretty far, later this evening she and I were discussing where to eat. We went back and forth for a bit and then she turned and looked at me with a mildly frustrated look and says " would you make up my mind?"
My mouth got in front of my brain again and I said " you haven't been able to pull that off in 50 years, but you expect me to at the drop of a hat?"
1705314206943.png

That is easy for you to say, you don't have to pay the price!

My wife has Sicilian in her ... I choose my words carefully! She is also a bit touchy right now, recovering from the broken finger, but it is going well considering the circumstances.
Me and mine make sport of little jabs like that. It's all in fun and keeps us from getting bored. Lol it is quite amusing to our teenagers! Lol

Different Yolks for different Folks :laugh: . (I guess you saw that coming).
I am definitely in the camp of" I don't want to have chase my meal around the plate !"
Little soft on the yoke I can deal with, slimy white junk , not a chance. Those go back to the skillet or the slop bucket.

That is easy for you to say, you don't have to pay the price!

My wife has Sicilian in her ... I choose my words carefully! She is also a bit touchy right now, recovering from the broken finger, but it is going well considering the circumstances.
If I had to guess my wife's lineage I'd say there's some Russian, Sicilian,Irish and maybe throw in and little viking wherever they came from.She is one tough little gal that could probably put one of kk's Kodiak's to flight with her wooden spoon! Soft spoken in general but man don't get her riled up! I told her she was cute when she was mad once and it was a near death experience!
She doesn't seem to appreciate the term
" saucy little mare" either!! On the up side , I discovered I can still run pretty fast when necessary!

I am definitely in the camp of" I don't want to have chase my meal around the plate !"
Little soft on the yoke I can deal with, slimy white junk , not a chance. Those go back to the skillet or the slop bucket.
I'm like that too. No Sushi for me. If it's raw it's bait. I worry about bacteria in under-cooked pork/chicken. Until recently, I even cooked my steak med to well done. Yea, I know that's a crime. So, I've been slowly changing my steak cooking habits to medium/rare.

Too cold and windy to do much here. Got RSV now and been taking extended leave from work im laying in the living room with the stove it feels nice in here.
just getting over a bout of RSV. had it in oct 2019 and it put me in the hospital for 3 days. i didn't feel bad, i just coughed my fool head off. slept in my a chair for 5 days because i couldnt lay down without hacking up my lungs. i have my little wood burner going too. stay warm

just getting over a bout of RSV. had it in oct 2019 and it put me in the hospital for 3 days. i didn't feel bad, i just coughed my fool head off. slept in my a chair for 5 days because i couldnt lay down without hacking up my lungs. i have my little wood burner going too. stay warm
Glad you're past that!
Everyone in my crew stopped by the stove this morning for a warm up and said something to the effect of " I'm so glad we have a wood stove"! There just something about that kind of warm!!

I'm like that too. No Sushi for me. If it's raw it's bait. I worry about bacteria in under-cooked pork/chicken. Until recently, I even cooked my steak med to well done. Yea, I know that's a crime. So, I've been slowly changing my steak cooking habits to medium/rare.
I love steak served blue, which is more rare than rare. Uncooked chicken kind of makes me squeamish though.

The new “fully cooked” for pork is 145° which may leave little bit of pinkness. But the meat is much more tender. My friend wraps pork tenderloin in bacon, marinates in homemade jerk sauce, and sears it on the grill and then slices it thin and finishes the slices on a cookie sheet in the oven till the centers are cooked. It’s extremely good and super tender.

Trichinosis can still exist in wild hogs, so I cook the literal piss out of my wild hog sausage.

To clarify, one thing about sushi for all those who don’t partake… Sushi simply means “with rice”. A lot of sushi actually has cooked meat of some sort. Sashimi means raw fish. The other thing some people are not careful at home kitchens is what fish can be eaten raw and what cannot. Freshwater fish should not be eaten raw. Only certain types of ocean fish can. Tuna for one is absolutely delicious raw.

Latest posts

Back