Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to

Bed man 😆.
No idea why I'm up, maybe its because I went to sleep at 930 last night, that's not normal. At least there were coals in the wood burner, so I'm getting a fire going and heading back to bed, 230 is too early to get up.
May do some cutting at the neighbors on the cherry that blew down in his yard today. Also working on the barn, need to get some insulation I scrounged on the ceiling of the section I've been working on.
Neighbor stopped by last night (actually two of them did), said he'll get the outlets wired in and installed this weekend for me. Just need to make a decision on what lights I want to put in there.
Put the final coat of ceiling paint/primer in there yesterday. Hoping to get out and cut some base board, casing, I know a guy who said he's done that before 😀. He said Saturday might work, the weather looks great for that.
Alright, I'm out, hopefully like I took some Nyquil 😆.
Yeah, I fell asleep at 10 in the chair watching tv. Woke up @ 1:30 with a sore neck. Takes me awhile to get back to sleep when that happens.

Sounds like the barn is going well. Bet you can't wait to move in there.

Mornin all. Too keep on today's topic cast iron can really give a mosquito a crushing feeling. Have been looking for a lid for my 10 Lodge skillet. Every place I looked they were priced close to twice what I paid for the skillet. For only a few bucks more I got a 5 quart dutch oven with a lid that works on my skillet also.
1709298055845.jpeg

Go to

Bed man 😆.
No idea why I'm up, maybe its because I went to sleep at 930 last night, that's not normal. At least there were coals in the wood burner, so I'm getting a fire going and heading back to bed, 230 is too early to get up.
May do some cutting at the neighbors on the cherry that blew down in his yard today. Also working on the barn, need to get some insulation I scrounged on the ceiling of the section I've been working on.
Neighbor stopped by last night (actually two of them did), said he'll get the outlets wired in and installed this weekend for me. Just need to make a decision on what lights I want to put in there.
Put the final coat of ceiling paint/primer in there yesterday. Hoping to get out and cut some base board, casing, I know a guy who said he's done that before 😀. He said Saturday might work, the weather looks great for that.
Alright, I'm out, hopefully like I took some Nyquil 😆.
Thank you for not pulling a BL and drinking 4 pots of coffee in the middle of the night then posting 45 times in a row. LOL

Thank you for not pulling a BL and drinking 4 pots of coffee in the middle of the night then posting 45 times in a row. LOL
I would have only drank one, and made a page of posts, I use the multi-quote feature 🤣. It's not as easy to use as it was with the old operating system, especially when I'm on my phone. Not sure why when you respond to multiple posts and try to copy one out of the group, it leaves the user name there and you need to delete that before posting. Then many times when you copy one like that and try to paste it the user name isn't there, the previous system was much better for multi-quoting.
BL has been MIA for a couple weeks.
Edit: Feb 5th

Morning guys. Beautiful day in the neighborhood here.

My older daughter had to be at school at 7 am for a field trip so I headed into town early for the day. Younger daughter hanging here with me at work till I bring her to school after 8.

Busy weekend (of home and yard duties) coming up. Have to drop a few trees onto the ice for a neighbor and I would like to get under the house and check on a few things before it gets damp. Also clean my bedroom-it still has camping gear from last summer spread out all over.

I would have only drank one, and made a page of posts, I use the multi-quote feature
Yeah I suppose that hazlenut creamer is more filling than just straight leaded black coffee.
It's not as easy to use as it was with the old operating system, especially when I'm on my phone. Not sure why when you respond to multiple posts and try to copy one out of the group, it leaves the user name there and you need to delete that before posting. Then many times when you copy one like that and try to paste it the user name isn't there, the previous system was much better for multi-quoting.
I don't have any problems on my laptop with chrome or Iphone 13 although on the phone it can occasionally be tough to get in and respond to the quotes in the middle.
BL has been MIA for a couple weeks.
Edit: Feb 5th
25 beautiful days. But who is counting. :innocent:

Last time he got in a tiff in here and "put himself in timeout" he disappeared for 4 years. A guy can hope lol.

Just looking at the longevity of some of the posters in here. JimR on AS since 2005, gggGary and I since 2009... Even Chipper has been here for almost a decade!

(I have shared this story before to him but maybe not to the group). I was a mod when Chipper joined and for a while we suspected he was a formerly banned member due to his writing style being very similar to this other fellow. His IP cleared him though as I think the other guy was in Massachusetts.

I miss some of the oldies like Wudpirat, Zogger, and even the crusty Alleyyooper. Glad to see Mainewoods will hopefully be back.

Mornin all. Too keep on today's topic cast iron can really give a mosquito a crushing feeling. Have been looking for a lid for my 10 Lodge skillet. Every place I looked they were priced close to twice what I paid for the skillet. For only a few bucks more I got a 5 quart dutch oven with a lid that works on my skillet also.
View attachment 1158050

Did someone say cast iron? 🤓 Say less.

1709303640362.png
1709303673712.png
1709303699306.png

Can I squeeze in a scrounging pic between cast iron posts? This is the rest of a decent sized maple that was removed at the neighbor's house last fall. I got most of it then, but stopped when hunting season hit and just got back to it a few days ago. View attachment 1158086
Beautimus! Need to fix up some good brunch in your cast iron now 😁

Back