Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always just called it a bean pot? Seems pretty fitting since its only real use is sitting on my wood stove with pinto beans and onions in it in the winter.
I guess it is a beanpot! I have always seen those with feet before this. Learned something new every day.

You guys complained about flippy caps in the past, but I've never had a problem with mine until today. I've been working on my 038 and I put on a new tank vent. I was hoping that would do the trick. Went to the log yard to test, but nope, have to keep pumping the throttle to keep it going. Leaking fuel cap wouldn't cause that would it?

To make matters worse, the flippy cap now leaks. Took it off twice to check for debris and saw nothing. I can't believe I damaged it setting on my bench. Do I'll order a couple new ones. Might as well pick up some new fuel filters and hoses as well. I put a new fuel filter on but didn't change the fuel line.
I ordered a bag of high quality rubber o-rings with the exact dimensions listed in the Stihl specs. they have proved to be cheap way of fixing flippy caps with no structural damage. The o-ring may still look OK on a leaking cap when a new one is needed. You can usually confirm the diagnosis by flipping the o-ring. If it stops or slows the leak, you know you need a new ring.

Morning guys, works pulling some supremely stupid stuff right now with the crews. Never seen moral so low and so many people angry with management. I'm pretty bummed out over it, I lost my best Jr guy and the group I got stuck in pretty much had me back at zero senority again. years of the late shift and no input in my schedule, again. Actually had several guys put their notice in this morning which will have a snow ball effect on the rest of us. I don't want to say I'm actively looking for a job yet, but I'm getting really close. See how things pan out over the next few weeks, if the union let's this get steam rolled through I'll be part of the second wave leaving here.

Morning guys, works pulling some supremely stupid stuff right now with the crews. Never seen moral so low and so many people angry with management. I'm pretty bummed out over it, I lost my best Jr guy and the group I got stuck in pretty much had me back at zero senority again. years of the late shift and no input in my schedule, again. Actually had several guys put their notice in this morning which will have a snow ball effect on the rest of us. I don't want to say I'm actively looking for a job yet, but I'm getting really close. See how things pan out over the next few weeks, if the union let's this get steam rolled through I'll be part of the second wave leaving here.
That’s never a good situation, hopefully it works out , but it’s not worth being miserable either,

Look to see what is out there, never bad to check now.

I ordered a bag of high quality rubber o-rings with the exact dimensions listed in the Stihl specs. they have proved to be cheap way of fixing flippy caps with no structural damage. The o-ring may still look OK on a leaking cap when a new one is needed. You can usually confirm the diagnosis by flipping the o-ring. If it stops or slows the leak, you know you need a new ring.
Where did you get them? Link? I went to the local farm store but I don't think it's the right one.

Sorry to hear. Never hurts to have a backup plan or 3.

If you have a retirement plan think about that also if you have been there for quite some time. If not, then write yourself up a resume and put it out there. I get headhunter emails every couple of months about open jobs. I retired 26 months ago as a machine builder/service technician. I have no clue as to why they think that I am looking for a job.

Yeah I suppose that hazlenut creamer is more filling than just straight leaded black coffee.

I don't have any problems on my laptop with chrome or Iphone 13 although on the phone it can occasionally be tough to get in and respond to the quotes in the middle.

25 beautiful days. But who is counting. :innocent:

Last time he got in a tiff in here and "put himself in timeout" he disappeared for 4 years. A guy can hope lol.
Maybe lol.
I usually try to group them into whatever the different topics are, then comment to the top posts as I ordered them, after that I'll copy/cut the bottom posts and then hit post, then paste the rest into a new comment. It just seems that trying to copy the whole post and the poster, many times you loose the poster and are just left with the post. This is on my MacBook and my phone(android), so I'm sure its something in this forum. OPEforum is still using the old style and it works fine, but I don't use multi-quote over there so it doesn't matter as much there.
He left right after you were talking about him, in here and in the good morning thread, and Mark said something to him. I think Mark was talking about you/not putting people(him/BL) on ignore, and it seemed as though he thought it was being directed at him. Whatever, he could have used the multi-quote feature, but...

If you have a retirement plan think about that also if you have been there for quite some time. If not, then write yourself up a resume and put it out there. I get headhunter emails every couple of months about open jobs. I retired 26 months ago as a machine builder/service technician. I have no clue as to why they think that I am looking for a job.
Headhunters usually get paid per introduction....so they will often squeak the details with trying to connect possible employee with employer. We found this out when they quoted pie in the sky hiring bonuses $$$ only to hear from the hiring manager that wasn't the case.

Edit: Some get an extra bonus if you are hired....If you take a job interview lined up through them, they will call you to coach you through the interview as well...not a bad deal for the employee if its a competitive hire situation.

He left right after you were talking about him, in here and in the good morning thread, and Mark said something to him. I think Mark was talking about you/not putting people(him/BL) on ignore, and it seemed as though he thought it was being directed at him. Whatever, he could have used the multi-quote feature, but...
It is what it is...he has admitted to posting every thought separately to promote his like and post count...IMO seems silly and childish to fill pages of bandwith just to do that. And if someone is going to do that (and admit to doing it!), they should also have thick enough skin to take the ribbing that will be sent their way.

Wasn't the first time he got sideways with people in here and left in a tizzy. And I suspect it wont be the last.

It is what it is...he has admitted to posting every thought separately to promote his like and post count...IMO seems silly and childish to fill pages of bandwith just to do that. And if someone is going to do that (and admit to doing it!), they should also have thick enough skin to take the ribbing that will be sent their way.

Wasn't the first time he got sideways with people in here and left in a tizzy. And I suspect it wont be the last.
I never saw him post that. I always just sped red his posts and move on. I do have some respect for him for the fact that he was a US Marine fighter pilot back in the day. Yes not multi quoting is a pita but not something I get to worked up about.

I never saw him post that. I always just sped red his posts and move on. I do have some respect for him for the fact that he was a US Marine fighter pilot back in the day. Yes not multi quoting is a pita but not something I get to worked up about.
Spot on. Annoying, for sure. Life altering, not so much. I never really viewed it is anymore than a lonely old guy trying to stay relevant.

Back