Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That gave me a good laugh!
While I'm at it, I'm only gonna haul my wood with a GAS CHEVY WITH A REMINGTON HANGING ON THE GUN RACK AND A SMITH AND WESSON IN THE SIDE DOOR WHILE DRINKING PEPSI and this is of course after I've cut my wood with a MCCULLOCH BURNING STIHL ORANGE BOTTLE OIL MIX AT 50:1!!!!

Did I miss anything??? Lol
stihl orange bottle ?? 50:1 ?? that is blasphemy!

You’re a good man, Matt. Strong families are almost a thing of the past. I’m trying my best with my kids, but it’s tough with their mom having different values.
Unfortunately when people separate, everyone gets screwed up by it to some extent. That being said, there's always a party that is more to blame than the other, and we know who they are lol. I'm just pleased to have found a great wife who wants to work with me raising 3 awesome kids. I mean what 14yr old girl wants to head to the neighbors to help pick up brush when she knows she isn't getting paid and she wasn't being forced to, certainly isn't the norm.
I'm still hopeful you'll find a good one too. But for the time, just keep doing all you can, they'll be on their own in such a short time.
That guy knew everything about Swedish saws!
He sure hated the semi-pro saws like the 353/359/365, as if they couldn't even cut wood lol.
She is cute is the woman included?
She is, great looking for the one who wears the paints in the "relationship".
Had a friend show up today, saying he needed some pine boards. Lucky for him, there was a pine sitting on the mill, so we milled him some pine boards today,

Resized-20240302-141502-S.jpg

Maybe he will post a picture of what he had on his trailer when he left?

SR
Those look great, but better in person :).
Thanks again.
I recall, sometime back, someone offering a super deal on 0.058 gauge chain. Maybe 10 loops, or so?

I didn’t need any, but figured, if I did, it would have been worth buying an 0.058 gauge bar to match them, at that price.

Philbert
I did this with a bunch of 063x84dl chains, I think I was getting them for 18 and change delivered for a pair, iirc I grabbed up 4 pair. Then I bought a stihl lightweight bar, which I can run on all my 70cc saws and my 562 or the ported 365. I paid less that what the bar and one chain goes for everything. As long as I don't bend the bar I should be able to recover some of my costs on the bar down the rd.
Once I get the shop set up I'd like to get a breaker/spinner setup(I'd like a high quality setup) and a few rolls of chain. I'm set for a while on all chain so I'll keep an eye/ear open for a deal on one for the next yr, I think I can wait that long :).

Need a little input looking for a good non contact tach. Appreciate any advise

A lot of people are using this style on the other forum. There is a person that makes a holder for it . Need to search on other forum.
A little on the pricey side $105.

Screenshot_20240303-105150.png

Unfortunately when people separate, everyone gets screwed up
Yeah. Divorce only divides. But sometimes half of something is definitely better that all of nothing.
I'm still hopeful you'll find a good one too. But for the time, just keep doing all you can, they'll be on their own in such a short time.
Fingers crossed, have finally found a good one in the last couple of months. Been dating since mid January. Kids love her too which is a huge plus. Most of the girls I’ve dated had little to no interest in my kids.
He sure hated the semi-pro saws like the 353/359/365, as if they couldn't even cut wood lol.
Yeah some of his HO saw hate rhetoric was a bit much.
She is, great looking for the one who wears the paints in the "relationship".
Yes, indeed… Rarely, do you find a girl who likes to run a saw who still looks like a girl.

Good afternoon guys

Only got one project done yesterday, but it was an important one.

I knew mice have been coming up through a gap next to either a drain or a water pipe hole under the kitchen sink. Got into the crawlspace yesterday and first found that a squirrel had chewed a hole through the vent screen so it was allowing uncontrolled access to all varmints into the crawlspace. Then found that the mice had reopened a previously sealed gap around the dishwasher drain pipe. I had a can of rodent resistant spray foam and went to use it and it wouldn’t work. Come to find out expired in 2019. It pissed me off because I just bought it last fall from a hardware store. I can’t remember which store though. So I had my friend grab a new can and I went back under the house in the afternoon and got everything sealed up. Hopefully this foam works as advertised.

Diggin that cover! Have the same pattern in the old yota pickup.
It’s not exactly what I wanted but for 16 bucks I had to buy it ,I do like it though. My real plan is to buy a couple of south west blankets and make my own cover something like this IMG_7939.png

Back