Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys think of the latest way to transport the wood from my split pile to the house

It’s been so warm lately, I don’t want to drag a whole truck load or ATV trailer load. So I figured, the deer rack would work!View attachment 1159539
I like it! I need to get a better way besides going out with my wood bag every time I need to load the stove, when its nice I will leave the wheel barrow by the door but can't do that much with all of the rain. I have a little cub tractor that I need to get going that I thought I would pull a wood trailer with but it is still waiting its turn for revival.

Matt, I also just noticed your location is in Hudson Valley, I'll bet you live close to my wife's family, they live just north of Pleasant Valley/Hyde Park.

I tip my cap to you sir

You are teaching those boys of yours GREAT life lessons!

I pray my daughters one day find men that have some knowledge in there heads and aren’t just pushovers

Most this next generation can barely tie there own shoes, let alone gut a deer/fish, change oil, fix a flat

My girls hunt and fish so I’m praying they at least find a like minded guy
It will take a real outdoors guy to compete with your girls. Most will be intimidated that they know more about everything than they do. You raised them right Matt, good job.

You must have some really crappy phones if you're only getting 2 years out of a battery. I had a Samsung s7 for close to 6 years before trading up to the Samsung s 21 I have now. Never had issues with thr batteries not making it at least a day, this one will go will go for a couple days between charges.

You might not use them as hard as I do. I'm running a business off mine, and it gets a lot of charge/discharge cycles. Often deeply discharged, too, which is not at all good for the life of the battery.

Besides! My comments were based on a 30 year history of using "mobile" phones. I still kind of preferred the bag phone I had back in the early nineties. I could rebuild my own battery packs out of store-bought nickel cadmium C-cells. That was back before they even had cellular service, and you needed to have enough power to make it to the only mobile phone tower in town. My 5 watt bag phone NEVER had a dead zone until I was about 25 miles out of town. After that, you had nothing.

I've always put a premium on having replaceable batteries in the phones. I could do snow removal for two days straight, and just keep popping in a charged battery when I needed it. While they are certainly putting in premium batteries these days, they cost a fortune to have them changed at a specialty store. I've had that done several times, and suffer anguish every time the manufacturers stick me again with their planned obsolescence.

My view for the next 3 days. My wife surprised me with a trip to Gulf Shores for Christmas. She arranged my time off and got both sets of grandparents to split staying with the boys. She's been here since Monday for work and we're going to relax or maybe go fishing. Should be a fun little trip.20240306_164323.jpg

My view for the next 3 days. My wife surprised me with a trip to Gulf Shores for Christmas. She arranged my time off and got both sets of grandparents to split staying with the boys. She's been here since Monday for work and we're going to relax or maybe go fishing. Should be a fun little trip.View attachment 1159745
Enjoy,👍

You might not use them as hard as I do. I'm running a business off mine, and it gets a lot of charge/discharge cycles. Often deeply discharged, too, which is not at all good for the life of the battery.

Besides! My comments were based on a 30 year history of using "mobile" phones. I still kind of preferred the bag phone I had back in the early nineties. I could rebuild my own battery packs out of store-bought nickel cadmium C-cells. That was back before they even had cellular service, and you needed to have enough power to make it to the only mobile phone tower in town. My 5 watt bag phone NEVER had a dead zone until I was about 25 miles out of town. After that, you had nothing.

I've always put a premium on having replaceable batteries in the phones. I could do snow removal for two days straight, and just keep popping in a charged battery when I needed it. While they are certainly putting in premium batteries these days, they cost a fortune to have them changed at a specialty store. I've had that done several times, and suffer anguish every time the manufacturers stick me again with their planned obsolescence.
for many years I used my phone the same way, probably harder as most the diagnostic programs transitioned to cloud based so my phone was used as a mobile hot spot, as well as a camera for documenting issues, ordering parts, managing the other guys on the road crew and dealing with customers and dealers. I do agree I much preferred phones with replaceable batteries, but got over that pretty quick as memory became a bigger issue between pictures and downloading files. Easy enough to keep a charger in the truck or get a case with a built in battery. I certainly don't have the work load on my phone like I did when I ran the raod, but all our inspections, repair records, manuals, call logs etc are app based so we're on our phones pretty often throughout the day. Fourtonalty (for me) even a hellish day with lots of calls my newer phones have held battery power very well. Bad days, I still am going home with a ~15-20% charge rate.
yeah, I remember when bag phones came out, remember the old bricks and how everyone thatught a blackberry was the greatest thing since sliced bread when they hit too. Have plenty of experience with them too. I wasn't speaking from the aspect of a duie eyed 13 year old thay never knew what life was before cell phones.

The stuff you find when cleaning up your basement

Wife told me her sister is coming for Easter

Means my two nephews will be sleeping in my “man cave” on the couch.

Had to clean all the hunting stuff up off the couch and found 8 boxes of 5.56

SweetView attachment 1159809
Nice discovery.👍

Looks like Mike won......Screenshot_20240306_195754_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Back