Seized HOMELITE super XL auto ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Block

WFO or I don't go
Reaction score
It’s a buddy’s he got It from his dad. Every thing is there just dirty. I think it got strait gassed. Is it worth rebuilding? And how expensive is a new piston and possibly a jug?

It happens X-12 and Super XL saws - There are three screws under the flywheel. Sometimes one screw may get loose, back out and
locks up the saw. I have had a lot of joking with my customers. I told them I would check but probably cost a lot. They agrre that they want it fixed, so I quote a big price and they agree to have it fixed. When I pull off the flywheel and they see how easy it is they start muttering that the price was too high. Sometimes I even did it free for good customers.You should check under the flywheel to be sure all three screws are tight. - chainsawlady

They are great torquey midsize saws with the one glaring drawback of no antivibe. But that’s not a big deal if you are only running one occasionally.

I can point you to a few Homelite sites that should allow you to find a P and C for 35 bucks or less.

They are great torquey midsize saws with the one glaring drawback of no antivibe. But that’s not a big deal if you are only running one occasionally.

I can point you to a few Homelite sites that should allow you to find a P and C for 35 bucks or less.
That would be awesome for $35

I'm looking for homelite xl12 parts I need a reed valve I'm not sure if its the single reed or quad reed design. I think it would be the single. Also need other parts.

Yeah, make sure it actually needs a piston/cylinder first. I had one that was sold to me because it locked up and it turned out to be a screw that holds the ignition coil on. These old saws hardly ever seize up because of how much oil is in the fuel mix....

Back